Logo wanted for this forum

Mark

Could you create a decent logo for the East Dulwich Forum? It has to be 72 dpi and 42 pixels high and the length can be up to about 700 pixels.

Please email us with with your logos, click the email link at the bottom of the page

thanks

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Regarding logo perhaps a simple ED would suffice. Flickr's pink underlined F is a pretty immediate identifier. I think a photo compressed to that size unless it's very simple will be a bit squishy.

Now to the next point, Mr administrator I hope this doesn't smack of disloyalty, I'm sure JoGoJo will be setting up an entirely different forum.

Assuming the forum is not going to be a rival to this one I'm happy to advise ;)

Plenty of software available on the ether, much of it opensource and either free of charge or a small fee for technical support etc. Then you'll need some sort of host, usually broadband service provision comes with a few MB of web space hosted generally on unix-apache which will support 90% of the solutions out there.

For blogging there are loads available:

movable type

word press

grey matter

for forum software there are a load of java based ones

such as these

or csharp ones

such as these

or Vanilla

and frankly hundreds more.

I believe this uses phorum which is PHP MySql which powers an awful lot of the stuff you see out there.

Setting it up will be a little more involved than pointing and clicking, you'll need to know something about ftp, but all of the above have pretty good tutorials on their websites.

Hope this helps, and i look forward to seeing www.noteastdulwichforummaybesomethingaboutdoggroomingforum.co.uk soon :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...