Why was my post lounged?

Caron

Question for the moderator: last week I posted a holiday recommendation in the Wanted Offered and Recommendations topic and it was immediately lounged. This is fair enough, but today I notice that there are two other holiday recommendations (cottages for rent) in the same topic which have not been lounged. Would you mind letting me know what the difference is between my holiday recommendation and these other two that led to it being lounged? Thanks.

• Administrator

There other two have now been Lounged, they slipped through the net (although one of them did ask me politely previously and also offered a reduced rent to forum users so was allowed in that section). The reason they were Lounged is that they are not East Dulwich specific and it is not fair or beneficial on other forum users the fact that people are advertising non-ED items.

If there is a glut of them then I will also remove them from the Lounge area.

• 2 weeks later...
I am confused about this too. I put my holiday house in the Wanted Offered etc section yesterday and it was lounged, but I know its of interest to EDF users because a) it had lots of hits immediately, and b) I myself am a regular EDF user and have actually rented somewhere I found in this section, from another EDF resident! We are now friends, and would both rather offer our places to ED residents (personally I would take any reasonable offer from an EDF user for my place) rather than go through an agency. I would have thought this was exactly the sort of thing the community is good for! I know it must be hard to draw the line (I could be an evil corporate after all!) but maybe you could have another section for holiday offers or even free ads for any item or service as opposed to recommendations and chat?. I really don't think its any more appropriate for my entry to appear next to a very emotive string on dying than in the offered section! I'm very interested in the cabin in Cornwall by the way, and will be contacting the EDF member about it!

• Administrator

It was put into the Lounge because it's not East Dulwich specific. There are currently three people promoting their holiday homes on the forum and I have drawn a line I'm afraid. One person posted about their holiday place separately three times in two months which meant there were three holiday homes on the first page of the Wanted/offered section which was too much. The forum's meant to be for East Dulwich things. The following are typical things I have to remove:

My brother has a shop Scotland I want you to visit (I live in East Dulwich)

My website sells things to people in East Dulwich

I offer financial services to people in East Dulwich

I'm a builder in Essex but I will do work for people in East Dulwich

They all offer things to the locals but they're not specific to East Dulwich, if you see what I mean. Anyway I have moved your posting back to the Wanted/Offered section because I'm in a good mood.

ps If you were to offer a genuine reduction to East Dulwich Forum users then you could probably post it again in that section and I would not not mind.