XML Parse Error

LostThePlot

Hi All (Admin?)

I read the Forum using the SAGE ADD-in in Firefox. All is welll with most sub areas of the site, Wanted..., General.. etc, but when i select "What's on I get "Error: XML Parse Error" - as anythi8ng been done to that part of the site that might have caused the problem?

Eric

I have seen similar problems on other systems generating RSS feeds and it doesn't surprise me that these problems come and go.

There is probably a dodgy message that was causing the system to generate invalid XML. Examples I have seen are things like HTML markup in one of the fields that isn't properly escaped - you need to change < to <. Of course it could be a bug in the RSS reader you are using - something valid but unusual throws a wobbly to the reader.

An RSS feed will typically only give you the last N entries. So once N new entries have been added the dodgy message will fall off the radar.

If it happens again, I am happy to have a look at the RSS output being produced and see if I can spot what the invalid markup is. I know a moderate amount about XML parsing and am interested to learn more. Probably best to PM me as I don't read About this forum much.