Ealing

Caron

I am to move to Ealing fairly soon and cannot bear the thought of not having a resource as marvellous as the East Dulwich Forum through which to get and give recommendations. How on earth does one set about finding a plumber in W5? Or finding out what's going on when there's a local hoo-haa? How will I sell all my old bits of crap? How will I buy more bits of crap?

Would the administrator consider setting up an Ealing Forum? The area's chock-full of BBC-types, so I'm sure there'd be lots of traffic.

Tee hee!

I have had so many terrible experiences with tradesmen in various parts of the country and it has been pure bliss to think, "oh need a plumber, let's go and see who everyone recommends". It makes life so much easier.

One builder in Plymouth charged me ?10k to install a bathroom, did it badly, adn then took me to court to get the money when I only gave him ?4k.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Did you get anywhere setting up your W5 forum?

We've been trying to move to the west for over a year. I want to start investigating nurseries and nanny-shares. I hadn't realised EDF was quite so unique. I can't find anything like it.

Anna

• 3 months later...

Hi Caron

At work we use a website called Rated people, you simply log on and describe what you want done and the budget you have and they will email you a trade person in your area you will get quite a few responses just read there feed back.

Please see attachment