No, I am not a Robot

Penguin68

I have found that I am now (today) being questioned as to my human existence, not just (almost) every time I log into the site from a different piece of kit, but even when I am logged in, on one piece of kit and one browser application - that is that having proved my existence once, I am asked (several minutes later, but without closing the application or link) to prove it again. I do open posts in new tabs, but I would assume that shouldn't cause a re-set of my initial 'proof' of existence.

I am not against checking to see whether I am a 'bot - entirely reasonable although there don't seem to have been so many spam posts recently - but several times in a session does seem a tad excessive.

My computer remembers I am logged in (even between sessions)- but not, apparently, that I'm human. I do have high-ish levels of security, including avoiding unnecessary cookies, but other sites who do have anti-bot checks don't seem to do this to me. I am using Chrome as a browser.

• Administrator
Even I'm getting asked the question, I'm not sure why Cloudflare's suddenly started asking but fortunately it's a simple tick box and not an annoying "enter the text from the unreadable picture on the left". It might be that it's seen some unusual activity and it's stepping up security for a while.

Actually, on a number of occasions I have had to match photographs (so far food, coffee, construction vehicles and pies(!) - But no awkward lines of unreadable text.

Amended to say - and a second ago (16:01) cars

Amended again to say that the system clock seems to be out about 5 minutes!