What to do?!

Tropicbyjennifer

Advice please...

An old post of about 3 months with loads of lovely reviews for my business has suddenly been deleted with no warmning. I have tried to contact admin through the forum and also multiple times by email but not getting any response. I need to get my reviews back as I am a small business and can?t afford to lose lovely reviews.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Do we even have an operating admin anymore?

• Administrator

Yes, we do have an operating Admin.

Back in August you broke the rules (http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,642847) so we had emails between us saying you must follow the rules otherwise your messages will be deleted again. Again you didn't follow the rules so I'm going to highlight some relevant parts of the rules here:

---

"I'm pretty strict when it comes to this section of the forum so please don't complain when you break the rules and I enforce them. - Admin

... Businesses must be based in East Dulwich and they must state their (trading) address. Failure to do this results in a deleted post.

... When we delete your posts that break the rules the system may delete some of your legitimate posts including recommendations. Sorry but we will not reinstate them."

---

I really do not know how to make you understand the above so that when you post multiple times without an address and then I delete them, you do not raise it as an issue.

Thanks for coming back to me!

Back in August I asked you where I needed to put my address and you never came back to me.

Under the circumstances, especially as i contacted you asking for your help to ensure i adheared to your rules I think its pretty harsh deleting a 3 month old post when i never got the answer from you.

I don't know, that's why I asked you and I didn't get a response.

This is your forum, not mine. Please stop assuming everyone knows exactly what to do all the time. It just takes up so much of everyone's time.

So now I know it needs to be included on the post(s)(which by the way not one post in states their address just looking at a whole page of posts in this section); why, as a female running a business from home would I want to put my full address on a public forum post? That's not very safe is it?

I understand that you want to ensure businesses are actually in ED so why don't we just send Proof of Address to you via email instead?

I like to vet who comes to my house as its not safe for a female working from home.

I hope you take this on board as it is a serious point.

Why have such a bad attitude? You are so unreasonable. What I am saying is perfectly valid.

You pick and choose what you want to answer and make it so difficult for many people.

It really takes all pleasure out of this forum.

The sarky comments arent helpful and are, quite frankly unneccesary. Its really not a nice way to be, especially as an 'administrator'.

• Administrator

Sorry if you think I have a bad attitude but the amount of grief we get from "businesses" who pay nothing to the forum (which is a free resource) and they get lots of paying business from it and then complain when they don't get what they want is flabbergasting.

On the business section the very first line of the rules says:

"I'm pretty strict when it comes to this section of the forum so please don't complain when you break the rules and I enforce them. - Admin "

I really do not know how to say it any clearer. The rules are simple and clear. We do not make it difficult for many people, only those who do not follow the simple rules.

You've told us it is unsafe for you to post your address and so we have said do not post.