Forum Sponsors

www.advancedpainters.co.uk
xxxx
All Round Renovation

https://m.facebook.com/cariadpets/photos

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 38 of 40
messageRe: Ask Admin
Posted by bargee99 26 May, 2017 16:25

I am logged in as the same user. I only have one account. It's no big deal, just strange.

Posted by SpringTime 30 May, 2017 18:23

Hello Admin! Hope you're well. One of my posts (to The Lounge in the Ariana Grande thread regarding terrorism) appears to have been removed. I can repost my remarks but please advise as to editing/boundaries before I do. Far as I can see I broke no rules. Thanks. ST

Posted by Administrator 30 May, 2017 20:09

Hi

I've just removed your other post, a bit too nasty I'm afraid. Perhaps tone it down a little bit for this small, community forum so we don't get complaints about racial hatred.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by ianr 02 June, 2017 16:02

Firefox recently began reminding users of login connections that are insecure, ie those that use http rather than https. The only one I've been told of so far is here: 'form action="http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/login.php"', in the module of the same name. Worth a quick edit?

Posted by bargee99 04 June, 2017 19:00

Admin, I posted a thread about the disruption to train services tomorrow morning caused by the dreadful attack at London bridge. I would have thought that it was important information for forum users. Why has it been lounged?

Posted by Administrator 04 June, 2017 19:31

Is that the one entitled "Tragic Events at London Bridge"?

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Administrator 04 June, 2017 19:52

I see it is, we assumed it was about the events on London Bridge so moved it. It's best to direct people to the rail websites as their information is updated regularly whereas your post won't be.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by bargee99 04 June, 2017 23:37

Thanks Admin. I thought it heartless to simply refer to the problems about travel without recognising the horrific event. The reason for the detail was that the National rail website showed very confusing information this afternoon. At least people are now aware of the problems and to check regularly and that London Bridge will not be a walking option for most of the morning rush hour.

Posted by Alan Medic 06 June, 2017 10:10

Alan Medic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk]
> 0,1685726,page=1
>
> Any chance of something similar for the GE Admin?
> There is a thread asking which way people will
> vote. Someone mentioned that any Conservatives or
> UKIPers in the area would probably avoid the
> thread. This would give people the chance to say
> something anonymously.
>
> PS Not that I would vote for either

A reminder in case you were still considering it but forgot, Admin.

Posted by Administrator 06 June, 2017 11:11

Thanks for the reminder, I've put it up. Please let me know if I've made any mistakes

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by edhistory 06 June, 2017 11:42

None of the above.

Posted by Administrator 06 June, 2017 11:49

Done

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by simpilates 06 June, 2017 13:18

Dear Admin, how can I open new thread?
I give pilates lessons in east dulwich and I want to post about them.

Posted by Penguin68 11 June, 2017 18:43

Dear admin, your security certificate ran out today, my browser is advising me.

Posted by edhistory 11 June, 2017 19:26

Or is it the Cloudflare certificate?

Posted by razmaz 14 June, 2017 19:17

I am trying to recommend someone who has done work for me. I have tried to start new thread but it won't allow me to. Can you please let me know how to do this.

Thanks

Posted by Alan Medic 30 June, 2017 13:14

Dear Admin,

now I'm sure you would clamp down on racist remarks if they were to appear on a thread. Of that I have no doubt. Recently a remark appeared in a thread which frankly appeared to be just that. However, not wanting to jump to an incorrect conclusion I asked the poster to clarify what he meant. He didn't. In fact he stated that I and one other Paddy (my term not his) had a sense of humour bypass.

This being a possibility I 'reported' the original post not by means of a complaint, but as a request to you and or the moderators to examine it and advise what I was missing. I didn't receive any reply. This was disappointing as now I don't know if I've been insulted twice or I really don't have a very developed sense of humour.

Either way it's a lose lose situation.

Posted by Administrator 30 June, 2017 13:33

Hi

If a comment is stirring up racial hatred or is exceptionally vindictive etc then we will act appropriately

If you are asking us for an opinion about whether a comment someone has made is racist, and you're the recipient of the remark then I would assume it is not.

When you report a message you should see a message saying we can't always reply, and we don't as it can be a bit of a pain but we do read them. You haven't been insulted by us, we're just busy. I've just found this Sense of Humour Indicator in my drawer, let's see if works:
1 of 2) What's the most common time to visit the dentist?
Tooth-hurty.
2 of 2) What bees produce milk?
Boobies

One flaw with is is that I can't tell from here what the result is.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Alan Medic 30 June, 2017 14:15

Thanks for your reply Admin. Would you describe the following as racist or funny or neither?

"If you've ever tried to do a deal with an Irishman over a car, tractor, house, horse or gram of speed, you'll be familiar with all the posturing, bullying, leaving the room, coming back in again, foul language, threats of violence and general wailing and gnashing of teeth with which it is accompanied.

What you don't do is quickly agree a price, shake hands and leave the room happy... either of you.

There's a very long way to go yet"

Posted by Administrator 30 June, 2017 14:34

Hmm, the reading's very low on my indicator.

I'm not going to describe the piece you have pasted above as racist or funny or neither, I don't know the context but it sounds like someone writing a bit of a story. A bit like...
Whole Foods John Mackey attacks greedy bastard investor Jana [www.ft.com]
Donald Trump was a demagogue and a thief when he won [www.theguardian.com]
"...Lily Allen. He didnt mince his words. Shes a stupid bitch, the former Ukip leader said."
[www.standard.co.uk]

I'd say forget it, there's better things to do that worry whether you've been insulted or haven't a developed sense of humour. Perhaps watch and then form an opinion on the BBC drama Happy Valley.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by sjw 01 July, 2017 09:19

There seems to be an increasing number of pets being offered on this forum. Not always for money ie to be rehomed! I thought there was a no livestock policy

Posted by Administrator 01 July, 2017 10:50

No, if pets are being sold on another reputable website and that's linked to then that's fine. And re-homing for free is allowed.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Supernan 02 July, 2017 09:12

Dear admin I'm very disappointed been using fotoum for years with no prob now I find I am not allowed to use please help

Posted by Administrator 03 July, 2017 08:15

Hi Supernan, you've been breaking the rules for years so I'm not sure how I can help.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Supernan 03 July, 2017 18:43

Please take you are not welcome Message of my account I have been using forum for years and waiting on a few replies thank you

Posted by Supernan 04 July, 2017 06:49

Please help when I try to answer on family food and ed business I am told I am not welcome all the other sites i.e. For sale etc are fine please I need you waiting for a few replies thank you .

Posted by Supernan 04 July, 2017 08:07

Please help when I try to answer on family food and ed business I am told I am not welcome all the other sites i.e. For sale etc are fine please I need you waiting for a few replies thank you .

Posted by Administrator 04 July, 2017 12:50

No, you keep promoting yourself which is against the rules so to stop you we have placed a ban on your account.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Alec1 14 July, 2017 20:37

Hi Admin, I have put another query about this up but I am eager to get a free item post put up in relevant board. I have tried two different browsers, checked photo upload size, hosted photo externally but still unable to post. I keep getting taken back to the advert after I press post message. I wondered if there might be a combination of words or letters that I might have in my advert which would stop it?
Update - seems that I am not allowed to post the brand name of a sportswear beginning with A and ending in S

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2017:07:14:21:11:59 by Alec1.

messageRe: Ask Adminattachment
Posted by ianr 13 August, 2017 17:19

Why has thread 5,1839553 ("Angle grinder used to steal m/c off Copleston Rd at 10.30pm") disappeared? The last posting I have in my cached copy was at 08:08 on Friday 11th, and the thread seems to have sunk without trace later that day.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit was 2017:08:17:22:13:58 by ianr.

Attachments: 5,1839553.html (63.7KB)  
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 38 of 40

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum