Forum Sponsors

Glazer Delmar
xxxx
www.advancedpainters.co.uk

http://www.ellyallen.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 39 of 40
messageRe: Ask Admin
Posted by Administrator 17 August, 2017 09:41

Do you know what ianr, I have no idea why. In the logs it says I did it "2017-08-11 09:02:23 - User: Administrator (1) - Action: **DELETE*** - Message: 1839553" but I can't remember doing it. I think it must be human error (fat fingers deleting spam perhaps), and unfortunately they were deleted not hidden so I can't resurrect it which is a shame as it was a useful post.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by lavender27 January 13, 12:45AM

Admin can you tell me what OP means on this forum please?

Posted by Siduhe January 13, 08:28AM

@lavender27 - usually it means “Original Poster” - the person who starts the thread.

Posted by lousmith January 15, 08:12PM

Hi, Admin. I have a thread of recommendations for my business here: [www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk] the last two of which appear to have been deleted today. One was added today, the previous one back in November I think. Was this intentional? and if so, could I learn why? They were both Bona fide comments from happy customers.

Posted by lillyrose April 08, 11:41AM

hi
im not sure where my message went but just asking whether I can take off the door no on my post about a hand model as I am scared about advertising the fact that I have jewellery to all and sundry

Posted by lillyrose April 08, 09:42PM

lillyrose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi
> im not sure where my message went but just asking
> whether I can take off the door no on my post
> about a hand model as I am scared about
> advertising the fact that I have jewellery to all
> and sundry

Hi why was my message taken down? What's wrong with it? The actual post in the businesses section

Posted by Administrator April 09, 09:59PM

Hi, I suggest you repost it.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by scareyt April 25, 01:44PM

Hi, I would like to reactivate an old PTA user account - the user name is and it's linked to the email fab@friendsatbessemer.co.uk

I have pressed the send new password link but haven't received anything to that email email address. Is the account expired? It hasn't been used for a couple of years. But it also won't let me open a new account using that email address. I would be very grateful if you can help. Thank you!

Posted by Administrator April 25, 03:28PM

Hi scareyt

The email address is not on our system, probably best to send me a private message to discuss.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Administrator April 25, 10:32PM

Hi

You've been been posting too many ads, which is against the rules, that's why.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by LV0210 May 10, 11:43PM

Hi Admin,

I originally posted in 'Family Room Discussions' [www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk] because I wanted to have a discussion about how does an au pair arrangement work in reality and wanted to hear from other families' experiences.

My post has been moved to 'Family Room Classified', just wondering why it has been moved there as I am not advertising for an au pair? I doubt I am going to get many replies to my post now.

Appreciate if you could clarify.

Thanks.

Posted by Administrator May 14, 02:41PM

Hi

Apologies, as you may have noticed it was moved back.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by LV0210 May 15, 07:53PM

Thank you Admin.

This is really weird but my post titled 'Dolly Parton's Imagination Library' has been deleted. I had two replies this morning but when I clicked on the link to read the posts there was a message 'sorry, the message you have requested could not be found'. I went into my control centre and could see the posting was no longer in my 'followed thread' section.

Can you please let me know why my post has been deleted. I was trying to spread the word about this great scheme that provides free books to children.

Thanks.

Posted by Administrator May 16, 09:50AM

Hi

I expect that it was during a time of a spam attack and it was deleted as the title was thought to be spammy which I can understand. Apologies about that, and please feel free to post it again.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Johanne June 19, 10:24AM

Hi,
I wish to ask for a commercial kitchen, I would like to rent one. Can you advice me where to post it ? Not sure which category is fitting ?

Many thanks,
Johanne

Posted by Administrator June 19, 08:48PM

Hi

It'll be the items wanted section

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by intexasatthe moment August 09, 09:44AM

Could you indicate where you've edited a title ?

Though I'm not sure how you'd do so - maybe with an asterisk ,two capital As ?

I keep wondering if these are your additions ?
(in local shops )

(what can we do about it ? )

( do they exist ? )

where are they ?

(asking for money )

( after my car was rear ended by a bus )

( it has a "veneer" )

Posted by intexasatthe moment August 09, 10:54AM

I should add ,in the interests of pedantry ,that adding to the title runs the risk of imposing someone else's view of the point of the thread .

Which may not reflect the OP's point . I thought Sue's thread about the guy on the pavement was asking whether anyone knew about him/could provide some explanation . Not really whether he said he was alright or not .

And mine about the jogger was about how kind it was to offer help ,break his pace etc .The fact that it involved carrying my shopping wasn't the main point and the title ( IMV ) made it seem as though it was .

Posted by Administrator August 10, 05:14PM

I'm not sure which ones have been edited and to be honest it'll be time consuming to find out (dome by different people), plus I'm not sure what benefit it' will give to the forum us spending time doing it.

I understand what you're saying though, and it is noted and with 50,000+ messages it's hard to get them all clear so people know what they're clicking, and the authors are happy.

It is something we've done for 12 years but I sense you're wishing we hadn't edited your title in particular, feel free to change the title back we're really not that precious about it.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by intexasatthe moment August 10, 10:17PM

Thanks for the reply .

Sorry ,I didn't mean to imply that I wanted someone to identify all ammended posts retrospectively ,particularly if there is a large number .

I have started viewing titles differently now ,wondering if their usabilty has been tweaked ,those I listed stood out for me but agree no point in wasting your time verifying my thoughts ! But I do think it would be good to indicate those that are altered when it is done .

TBH I was surprised that with a large nos of posts someone was actually attempting to read them all with a view to enhancing their userbility .

Posted by Administrator August 10, 11:12PM

It's usually titles like "cats" or "dustbins" we add (too many in ED) or (not being collected) to make them more descriptive. I'll have a word backstage and perhaps ask people to lay off the longer titles.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by PeckhamRose August 13, 09:26AM

Dear Ask Admin, could you please give thought to and reply to my separate post about applying for jobs when the poster says nothing about themselves, in the About This Forum area please? Ta x

--------------------
Humanist Funeral Celebrant

Posted by dbboy August 17, 12:01PM

What can be done to prevent fake businesses and self recommendations from advertising on the forum?

Posted by ed_pete August 18, 05:20PM

Hi - I'm trying to contact a new forum user about a car they are selling. I've posted on their thread and sent them two PM's but so far no response - it doesn't look like they've accessed the forum since posting the advert. Is it possible to have their email address so that I could mail them directly - I was wondering if the EDF notifications are going to spam.
User is tlawless and this is their post.

[www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk]

Posted by KalamityKel August 19, 07:01AM

ed_pete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi - I'm trying to contact a new forum user about
> a car they are selling. I've posted on their
> thread and sent them two PM's but so far no
> response - it doesn't look like they've accessed
> the forum since posting the advert. Is it
> possible to have their email address so that I
> could mail them directly - I was wondering if the
> EDF notifications are going to spam.
> User is tlawless and this is their post.
>
> [www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk]
> ,1959788,1959788#msg-1959788

I think you might already know the answer to the request for their email address Q... Giving personal info like that from one user to another without their knowledge/agreement is a no no.
Looks like the person you are after has posting yesterday so maybe you've already had a response? If not be patient. Not everyone is online all the time to pic up messages/notifications.

Posted by ed_pete August 19, 12:16PM

Thanks to another forum member, I've been sent a link to the same car advertised on Gumtree (with mobile number) so no longer an issue.

Posted by Administrator August 21, 05:00PM

Hi, KalamityKel's correct, we cannot give out users' details. I could give them a nudge for you but it looks like it has been sorted anyway.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by japseylarue August 23, 03:23PM

Hi admin,
Can you please let me know whether people are allowed to sell and give away animals on this forum? I wondered if the new government guidelines about buying from pet shops and unlicensed pet breeders will affect buying and selling them on edf?
Many thanks,
Jackie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was august 23, 03:24pm by japseylarue.

Posted by evilmanic August 24, 03:35PM

Hey Admin,

As you use Cloudflare, might it be a good idea to force SSL?

Especially as SSL works, but when we click login we get redirected to the un-encrypted page?

Posted by Administrator September 01, 08:45PM

Hi japseylarue
Selling animals is not allowed, rehousing is as long as it's a legit reason which is beneficial to the animal.

evilmanic, you're a genius. I didn't think of that as an option. I've turned it on and it seems to work however the "Attach a file or photo" section appears by default now rather than being hidden.

--------------------
The Administrator

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 39 of 40

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum