Error using Chrome

ruffers

Trying a new browser I've had this flash up a few times, everything's OK on a refresh though. Is it them or you?

"Error 400

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /forum/list.php?20 on this server.

The automated program you are using is not permitted to access this server. Please use a different program or a standard Web browser.

Your technical support key is: 5690-651e-7ad0-4a8a

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact db at eastdulwichforum.co.uk and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above."

Nope. I used to get an error screenfrom work as it goes, but not one that said "The automated program you are using is not permitted to access this server", the one I got at work talked about proxy servers specifically.

Chrome is set up as default, no idea if that involves proxies.

Hmm, the error specifically states "The automated program you are using is not permitted to access this server. Please use a different program or a standard Web browser" without any mention of proxies. When I was unable to access the forum from work I had a different error which specifically mentioned proxy servers.

Any idea what it's referring to when it talks about an "automated programme"?

edit - double post as I got the error when attempting the first one!

ISP is BT.

I might be being daft but the one you referred to talks about proxy servers, and mine refers to an automated programme, different shurely?? Anyway I gogogled around the chrome help and it came up with some bits to will try that. To refer to an earlier post though this is Chrome specific for me, it doesn't happen on Avant, IE, or Firefox.

No worries anyway.

I don't mean to sound dim either but what is the difference between Chrome and Google? :-S I can't tell...and I use Chrome at home and Google at work!? Maybe its just not apparent to me so happy to be corrected if Chrome is much more FAB.

Ruffers - hope you managed to solve the problem/errors.

Cheers, K.

They're also branching into copyright theft. I like that. I work on creating something for five years and then they give it away for free. If you're not American. If you're American you get seven cents. Good pay for five years.

They were bloody immigrants anyway. But now they're American everyone else doesn't quite qualify for human rights. Apes can't claim intellectual property rights for the same reason. Do no evil? Google would rape you and claim they were doing it to share the experience.

Maybe that was the automated program? An autistic rapist burglar.

Feckers... as Sean would put it ;-)

Boycott Chrome.