Wanted, Offers & Recommendation section

ed_pete

The "Wanted, Offers & Recommendation section" seems to be a victim of its own success. If you make a posting of say something for sale, then it only stays on the first page for about a day or so because of the volume. Maybe everyone else is more diligent than me but I don't often stray past page 1 of any of the sections - mainly because I assume that the subsequent pages will contain posts I have already seen. Two proposals: one reorganise Wanted, Offers and Recommendation into three separate sections - at least split off recommendations as these are less transient; two, have subsections within the WO&R (if subsections are possible) with a "Week Commencing.." title.

Anyone else feel strongly about WO&R ?

Hi, we are thinking of splitting it into two "Wanted & offered" and "local recommendations" and now we're thinking of doing in even more so as you've said this. We may also expand the number of listing on a page so that the first page lists 30 titles, or if it's feasible, even give people the option of choosing how many they see. These changes will take place after the birthday party when hopefully we'll get some more feedback to think about and perhaps action

Thanks for your comments ed_pete, as always we don't know what people think unless they tell us so it's appreciated

Can anyone recommend a reliable washing machine repairer? I have just moved into a flat with a machine that seems to boil my clothes for 1.5 hours even on the lowest available temp setting (40 degrees), and of course the manufacturer can't help... I'm over Nunhead direction.

As a bonus query I'm keen to get a ticket to Manu Chao on 4 or 5th October (playing at Brixton), but not at hectically ramped up prices I'm afraid - just in case the spirit of Manu Chao lives on with someone unable to use their ticket!

Part of the problem is that threads are ordered according to the most recent response, rather than the date when the offer/request etc was first posted. A post saying that somebody wants a fridge might be first on the list, yet it turns out that the ad was put up weeks ago, but Joe Bloggs has just posted to ask if the fridge is still needed (which invariably it isn't). Wouldn't it make sense for this section to be listed in order of how recently the thread was started? Same applies to the property page, where what is of interest is that a flat is just on the market, not the fact that Joe Bloggs has said he is interested in more info.

• 4 weeks later...

Mark - I've posted a recommendation about a plumber whom I found through searching on here. I was a bit confused about where to put it coz there are so many plumbing threads and I couldn't remember where I'd found it. Plumped for one anyway but I hope I haven't confused issue by opening old thread. Feel free to move it if appropriate.

thanks

PGC