answer please

davidh

I posted some criticism of the apparently saintly cclr barber on here this morning and it was deleted very quickly. I wonder why, altho the answer is obvious to anyone who does not venerate the lib-dems.

Despite not being a supporter of Lib Dem myself I guess at the end of the day whatever the reasoning behind your post disappearing - it is the administrator's forum of which you (and I) pay nothing towards the running off, so if they wish to use it to support there own opinions then so be it.

If I owned something of such power among the community then I would certainly use it to support a cause that I believed in.

This is certainly no where near as bad as the openly biased coverage provided by all of the national newspapers and these are publications you do actually pay for.

Not saying it's great, or fair, but nor is everything thing else in life :)

Hang on a minute.

davidH feels hard done by (this is the second thread he's complained about it). He feels he's been censored. Personally that's not my experience of the forum administrators although I have little time for the brown-nose school of thought that it's a free site and admin can do what they want, close the thing down to go on holiday etc

davidh, I think you should repost your point verbatim so we can see whether admin was justified in caving you - let the people decide.

silverfox Wrote:

I have little

> time for the brown-nose school of thought that

> it's a free site and admin can do what they want,

> close the thing down to go on holiday etc

>

It was not so long ago that shops would close for their two-week summer break. Since when did providing any service or transaction to the public mean a person must never put themselves and their family first? Let alone when providing a free valuable service for no cost whatsoever.

If Davidh wants an answer to his question he would be far better sending a pm to the administrator than starting a pointless thread such as this. And Silverfox - encouraging deleted posts to be once again placed on the forum is exactly the sort of behaviour that reminds us why moderating this forum must at times be an irksome task.

Blimey, talk about the biting the hand that feeds you.

Admin does a stirling job - he's far more liberal (with a very small 'l') than I would be with all you whingers.

It is free and it is a fun and informative site. However, since this bothers a lot of you, please feel free to go to the "donate" button on the bottom right hand site of every page then you can address this.

I didn't read the original thread so have no idea why it was deleted - things that are repetitive (there's already a thread) or that fall foul of this:

"... please don't post anything that you know is wrong, by all means, for example if you have had a bad experience with a local company or service, please tell us all about it, but do not post anything which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening or illegal. If you post something on here you are liable for its consequences. Postings should where possible be based on fact, made in good faith, published without malice and of interest to East Dulwich. The management reserves the right to act as they see appropriate in order to deal with these and other situations and this includes the fact that (highlighted for emphasis) The management reserves the right to refuse entry." (from EDF "Terms of use" - very near to that "donate" button)

will see a post deleted.

I haven't seen Davidh's post but in the past posts have been deleted from that thread which were party political. That thread has become a useful avenue of communication and efforts are made to keep it that way without descending into point scoring, there's plenty of other places on the forum for that.

ruffers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I haven't seen Davidh's post but in the past posts

> have been deleted from that thread which were

> party political. That thread has become a useful

> avenue of communication and efforts are made to

> keep it that way without descending into point

> scoring, there's plenty of other places on the

> forum for th

ruffers dear, Mary Whitehouse rang, she wants her self-righteousness back, when you are ready

Sally

• Administrator

Hi

Your post "FAO cllr barber>>>" was deleted because you were trying to score political points by posting something in the ED issues /gossip section (again) that was having a go at the councillor. As it was for the attention of Councillor Barber I suggest contacting him directly. I do not want the forum to be a platform for people to start threads that are simply having a go at councillors, MPs etc.

davidh Wrote:

> I posted some criticism of the apparently saintly

> cclr barber on here this morning and it was

> deleted very quickly. I wonder why, altho the

> answer is obvious to anyone who does not venerate

> the lib-dems.

I am totally with you on this one; I have just joined, but have watched this forum for months. I use the word forum very generously here.

Say anything here in a negative way about lib/dem and bang they are on you like a pack of dogs.

Browbeating storm-troopers, your obsequious defence of your beloved lib/dem,s show you for what you really are

Sycophantic lib/dem love-vest groupies.

Come-on stop wetting yourselves over the new boy

Sally

Seriously, am I the only person who has been biting their lip (fingers?) to avoid saying, "this forum is a free resource and if you don't like it, why don't you just fuck right off and join a forum you DO like, you bunch of tedious whingeing cunts."?

RosieH Wrote:

> Seriously, am I the only person who has been

> biting their lip (fingers?) to avoid saying, "this

> forum is a free resource and if you don't like it,

> why don't you just @#$%& right off and join a

> forum you DO like, you bunch of tedious whingeing

> @#$%&."?

Is free speech the price we pay to have a free forum ? -I did not know that, I have just joined.

I hope you don?t mind me saying, but you to have an off button on your computer too

Sally

sally676 Wrote:

I have just

> joined, but have watched this forum for months. I

> use the word forum very generously here.

> Say anything here in a negative way about lib/dem

> and bang they are on you like a pack of dogs.

>

> Browbeating storm-troopers, your obsequious

> defence of your beloved lib/dem,s show you for

> what you really are

> Sycophantic lib/dem love-vest groupies.

>

> Come-on stop wetting yourselves over the new boy

>

> Sally

Sally, if you didn't like a magazine, would you read it just to irritate yourself? Or a TV programme? Or a newspaper? Would you go to a party where only people you didn't like were going to attend?

You say you've only just joined. You won't take the word of people who've been here for a while that this isn't some Lib Dem love-in. You don't like it, but you hang around to make it more unpleasant for those that do?

What's that thing that lives under the Billy Goats Gruff's bridge again..?

sally676 Wrote:

> ruffers Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I haven't seen Davidh's post but in the past

> posts

> > have been deleted from that thread which were

> > party political. That thread has become a

> useful

> > avenue of communication and efforts are made to

> > keep it that way without descending into point

> > scoring, there's plenty of other places on the

> > forum for th

>

> ruffers dear, Mary Whitehouse rang, she wants her

> self-righteousness back, when you are ready

>

> Sally

Sally, I'm not sure if you noticed but the original post in the thread (that's the one at the top, just to help you out there) was a question. If either you or for that matter davidh had bothered reading through the "Local Councillor" thread to which the question related you'd have found the answer in there which I quoted from memory for yourself, quite helpfully I thought if you actually wanted an answer to the question as opposed just an excuse to whinge.

Did you really register just to post this stuff? Are you friends with Kevin Donegan?

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> Rosie isn't complaining about the forum (unlike

> you)

>

> she is complaining about you.

>

> There is a difference.

Ok so let me see if I got this right, if some one says something bad about this forum, what they say is automatically a complaint, - right - so we can only say good things about the forum.

So the forum works the same way as the Chinese government. Only say good things not bad.

Sally

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

> That's right, Sally, the Guoanbu will be knocking

> on your door any moment now.

All, that will be nice, I will put the kettle on.

Sally.

ruffers Wrote:

> sally676 Wrote:

> -----

> > ruffers Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > I haven't seen Davidh's post but in the past

> > posts

> > > have been deleted from that thread which were

> > > party political. That thread has become a

> > useful

> > > avenue of communication and efforts are made

> to

> > > keep it that way without descending into

> point

> > > scoring, there's plenty of other places on

> the

> > > forum for th

> >

> > ruffers dear, Mary Whitehouse rang, she wants

> her

> > self-righteousness back, when you are ready

> >

> > Sally

>

> Sally, I'm not sure if you noticed but the

> original post in the thread (that's the one at the

> top, just to help you out there) was a question.

> If either you or for that matter davidh had

> bothered reading through the "Local Councillor"

> thread to which the question related you'd have

> found the answer in there which I quoted from

> memory for yourself, quite helpfully I thought if

> you actually wanted an answer to the question as

> opposed just an excuse to whinge.

>

> Did you really register just to post this stuff?

> Are you friends with Kevin Donegan?

Sorry for delay, started to go look at your past postings, then I saw you had 40 pages of the stuff. I like a good talk to, but 40 pages, anyway can not find your Kevin Donegan? So im non the wiser.

sally