photos on the forum

trevone

kford Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> http://imageshack.us/

I've just tried it. It looks a good quick fix if you're happy with one of their pre-selected sizes, and no need even to register.

Remember to view the _full-size_ version when the upload's done, then you can right click on that to copy its location for pasting in your forum ad.

> http://resize2mail.com/

Which on first trial I prefer to imageshack. More options too, including custom sizing, cropping and rotating. A page got stuck a couple of times in an unresponsive state and needed a quick reload, but it was generally very easy to use. It returned jpeg files smaller so probably a bit more compressed than my originals, but with no obvious loss in picture quality; a gif file slightly bigger; and it retained all colours.

Sorry to be really dim but I cannot attach a photo to a post directly from my mobile as it asks for the url.

I have only ever managed to attach photos to the forum that are already on the web. So do I need to send my photos to the web first (as I think the above posts are advising?) then click on the link? (I have no idea what size they are either)

If anyone can confirm this that would be great, cheers.

Katie, once the photo file's on or can be accessed by your computer's file system, press 'Attach a file or photo', then 'Browse' to select the file. 'Attach' then uploads it to the forum site and links it to your post.

If it's more convenient to upload the photo to another web site, you can do that instead, and then just include its URL within your message.

ianr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Katie, once the photo file's on or can be accessed

> by your computer's file system, press 'Attach a

> file or photo', then 'Browse' to select the file.

> 'Attach' then uploads it to the forum site and

> links it to your post.

ianr - thanks a lot, I didn't even notice that text before (shoulda gone to specsavers!) :)

seems really easy to upload photos now although I was worried it would pick everything in my photos folder and you cannot preview what is being uploaded!