Democratic debate about admin on forum (moving non-ED specific posts out of the ED Issues section)

buddug

(Ok, so I started a thread about southwark council as a freeholder in this section (general ED) because so many people in East Dulwich and borders are southwark council leaseholders. However, it was lounged - and as you know, most forumites don't even visit the lounge. I messaged admin and the reply I got said southwark council was as relevant to people in East Dulwich as fuel prices or climate change. Discuss....

I think admin is completely in the right here. Southwark isn't ED specifically, it covers many areas therefore would go in lounge. And loads of people visit the lounge just as much as this section.

In fact even this post shouldn't be in this section.

Pick your battles buddug!

This thread should be in 'About this forum'.

This section is for ED issues.

If you'd like to see threads about things other than ED issues then visit the other sections.

You show staggering arrogance that you think the forum should be reorganised to fit around the fact that you can't be bothered to go to the lounge.

I'll be reporting the thread and I hope Admin does the sensible thing.

Threads get lounged because they're irrelevant to the section they were posted in, are you saying Admin should put them elsewhere, or not move them, because you don't like some people in the Lounge Fuschia?

• Administrator

Kid: "Teacher, the playground's a jungle out there, go deal with it"

Teacher: "uh?"

or

Kid: "Teacher, Francesca's hitting everyone who's new in the playground and making it a horrible place, please help"

Teacher: "No problem, I'll have a word"

or

Kid: "Teacher, there's a group of boys and girls in the playground I find intimidating, I don't want to go there"

Teacher: "Oh that'll be the Dungeons and Dragons group, they're fine if you actually talk to them, here let me introduce you."

Please provide me with names and events that you would like me to keep an eye on as the forum's too big to monitor the Lounge for playground behaviour.