How do you get the red "new" to come up on new threads ...?

Caron

• 1 month later...

Are there any glitches with the forum in the last couple of days? First it has been really slow and sometimes refused to load at all on my home computer, which is usually nice and quick.

Secondly, for 2 days I hadn't seen a "new" next to the general issues section. I went in there intending to start a thread about the lack of interesting stuff happening in ED, and found that there were sh!t loads of new posts/threads (all showing the new next to them).

hmmm, the people who I host the server with moved servers a couple of days ago but assured me there would be no issues. As Sean said the new thing can be a bit temperamental, trying going to the home page http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?4 and clicking "Reset new posts" next to all the headings, this will obviously start afresh but might make things better until I find out exactly what's wrong.

I'll do a clean up of the system tonight to see if things improve but please let me know when a problem happens so that I can report it, if you could let me know:

1) the url/website address you were going to e.g. http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?9,84658

2) the time you did it

3) what error message you got

then we can look at the log files for that time and try to match things up. Thanks for letting me know.

Admin

I know it's known that the red "new"s happen after a thread is lounged - do you think everyone inherits the unread flag from whoever does the lounging - ie if you are fully up to speed with all threads when you lounge something, no-one notices, but if there are a few outstanding we all get the.

Fr'example had you read up to the final monica posting on the EDF drinks thread when you lounged the Michael Gambon thread?

• Administrator

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Fr'example had you read up to the final monica

> posting on the EDF drinks thread when you lounged

> the Michael Gambon thread?

No I had not read up to that one. I shall now mark all threads and messages as read, then move something to the Lounge. Here goes...

oh no, the red new e.g. new means the whole thread is new or there are new messages in that thread since you last looked. If you click the red new it will take you to the first of the unread messages.

The blue new is a browser specific thing, if you've click on the red new or have read the last messages then clicked the back button on the browser then you'll probably see it.