Hello. Is the search function not working at the moment?

Curmudgeon

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been able to use the search function at all for some time, regardless of what I put into it - long words included.

All I get is "your search is running, please be patient" for hours.

Is anybody else having the same problem?

As it happens, yes. I run IE at work (compared to Firefox at home) and there I have the same issue as Sue.

What I actually have to do click search and then whilst it looks like it is still running the search click on the hyperlink entitled "Click here to return to the search page" or somesuch. That then brings up the list of results.

More of a small irritation than anything but if you get a chance to take a look.

Some of you might find the following useful.

Hubby scared the living daylights out of me recently when he announced that he was "fed up with Microsoft, Word etc." and was going to "ditch the lot". I panicked because I am not very good with technology but was, at least, used to MS/Word etc.

He replaced MS/Word etc. with something called "Ubuntu". Apparently, it's free and it tends not to get negatively targeted in the same way as the much more used MS/Word etc. I was sceptical, thinking it would take me years to adapt - technophobe that I am. But no, it's so incredibly user friendly AND everything works MUCH faster - including this Forum. Booting up/shutting down is super-speedy too. Hubby laughs every time he catches a glimpse of me working/playing at the computer. He smiles to himself because he cannot believe how has has received no complaints. Try it, as I say, no complaints whatsoever. I am really impressed.

• 3 weeks later...