Forum Sponsors

www.white-edge.co.uk
xxxx
Glazer Delmar

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageAdmin - New crime section please
Posted by rahrahrah 11 April, 2012 06:51

Please can a new section be created for those who want to report, or read about crime in the area?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2012:04:11:06:55:25 by rahrahrah.

messageRe: Admin - New crime section please
Posted by ratty 11 April, 2012 07:34

Have to disagree, I find the individual threads much better to see at a glance. One quick look tells me that Henslowe and Choumert got blagged and that there was a personal attack near the station. Handy.

Posted by El Pibe 11 April, 2012 08:46

Ooh great idea, a whole section about muggings and paedophiles, and we could use it as a marketing tagline
"The EDF, sending out the wrong message about our community"
winking smiley

Posted by rahrahrah 11 April, 2012 11:54

But it's worse having post after post about various 'incidents' in the general discussion section. At least with a dedicated section you can choose whether or not to read a constant stream of crime reports.

Posted by El Pibe 11 April, 2012 13:03

Unfortunately it seems to be the premier curtain-twitching obsession of the majority of forumistas, not much we can do about that but not click on the threads I guess (I know I don't).

Posted by rahrahrah 11 April, 2012 13:23

You would still have seperate threads. I'm asking for a new section, so they don't all get posted in the 'general' area.

ratty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have to disagree, I find the individual threads
> much better to see at a glance. One quick look
> tells me that Henslowe and Choumert got blagged
> and that there was a personal attack near the
> station. Handy.

Posted by DJKillaQueen 11 April, 2012 14:21

Having a separate section though might give the wrong message too....that crime is so prevalent that it needs an entire section of its own. Most threads reporting a crime or road incidents seem to hover for about a week and then sink anyway (unless thre is a spate of similar crimes) so I don't personally thinks its an issue.

--------------------
Gooooaaaaalllllll!

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed