Who is Admin ?

lane lover

As I understand it, the Forum is a privately owned/run, not for profit, service which is offered to local people who live/work in the area of ED and surrounds, on the understanding that users agree to comply with certain basic rules.

Enforcement of those rules as Administrator is done by a group of volunteers (not me) at the request of the owner. As dbboy says, I think they do a great job and I'm grateful to have the forum as it is - a useful, free, local resource.

Any particular reason for your query?

Gotcha. Afraid, I can't help you there - they keep their other forum identities quite separate from their Administrator role for obvious reasons. Kind of a "we are Legion" thing. My understanding is it came about when the size and complexity of the Forum became too much for one person.

• Administrator

I am Admin.

Think of me as an omnipresent mild mannered janitor that hangs around keeping the place tidy.

There are others too lurking amongst you in administrator/moderator/lizard roles that provide a most excellent service and deserve the greatest honour bestowed upon them by the people of East Dulwich if such a thing existed.

Anyway enough about them, you asked about me. Sometimes I make mistakes, sometimes I don't. In the background I deal with all the goings on of running the forum such as server upkeep and maintenance, legal threats, dealing with fake posts, taking abuse from a couple of unhappy users etc etc but generally making sure that the 35,000 registered users have a fun and useful place to discuss East Dulwich. And things not East Dulwich in the Lounge.

No one else can become Admin and I can't be voted off the forum so sorry you're stuck with me.