why do my posts keep getting deleted?

maxamydus

I started a thread the other day, it was deleted, no explanation. Wrote in to ask why (it contained nothing offensive, or even argumentative) as I couldn't understand it and would like to know what I did wrong, but I've just been ignored. If I don't know what I did wrong, how can I avoid doing it again?!

I guess that this thread will probably disappear soon too?

Twirly, I can't see anything by you that's been removed in the last month? Might it have been moved to a different section?

Stacey-lyn, a couple of your messages were hidden today purely because they were in response to messages which had to be removed. Not a personal thing, just that if they had been left they wouldn't have made sense without the context of the message which came before it.

Maxamydus, from what I can see it's due to you posting the same advertisements more than once. If something you have previously listed is still available you should say so on the original thread rather than start a new one.

Thanks

• Administrator

We don't just delete posts because we want to, it's because they break the rules. In the rules it explains that we don't have time to email everyone who breaks the rules to say why their post has been removed.

maxamydus, you were selling fake goods which is illegal and therefore not wanted on the forum.

Twirly, there's no record of any post of yours being deleted.

maxamydus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> HELP they keep deleting my posts for no reason. It

> is my right to have freedom of speech

What right of "freedom of speech" is that? This is a privately owned, not for profit site, which the owners let us use at their convenience, subject to everyone playing by the rules. And even if people don't play by the rules, it's pretty much up to them what they let go on and what they don't. You're not paying for advertising your stuff (query if you've donated to help keep the site running - which a lot of regular users to help cover running costs?). I keep hearing this "I have rights" (not just from you), any I just don't get it. Don't like the rules, don't use the site.

Article 11 - Freedom of Expression doesn't extend to helping you profit from selling goods btw, whether that's on a public or private site. It's a bit more ******* fundamental than that.

• 2 weeks later...

Admins - thanks for your responses on here, but I had no idea to look in here! I just stumbled on this by accident.

Tbh, I only ever look in the General ED issues and The Lounge (even less). I sent an email to the admins, but didn't get a reply. Hence being a bit miffed. Other forums I'm on have an automated system that tells you when a post has been moved (thereby not wasting the mods time, but keeping the punters informed). I shall know where to look in the future if one of my posts seems to have disappeared into a virtual Bermuda triangle!

• 1 month later...
Likewise, I posted 'Improve your strength and fitness with Suspended Movement Training' on Tuesday and it was removed. I thought it might be because I'd included my auto-signature (which contains my email, website and phone number) so I reposted today and within an hour it was gone again. I have no idea why, as I try and follow the rules to the letter on the forum as it is a very useful source for my business!

• 2 weeks later...

Signatures are a particular piece of content that is repeated below every post you make.

For many people they're a sign off or personal statement.

However, a signature can also contain a link to a website, and this is abused by website marketers (spammers) to give the impression that lots of people are linking to their website because the content is interesting or relevant.

Typically it isn't - it's just selling something.

The problem is that if a forum like this repeats a link to a rubbish sales website because of some idiot signature, search engines will make the assumption that it's because it's a badly moderated website where the owner doesn't care.

So Admin just says no signatures because he doesn't want a load of rubbish links, and he doesn't want search engines to think that all the people writing on this website are just trying to sell rubbish.

It's a win for everyone.

So no signatures, and no rubbish links.

Are you Admin now? I remember Sue had a problem with her signature and I can't remember what it was but she was told not to use it.

There are however a few people promoting their businesses every time they post, which Admin doesn't appear to have picked up on.

I asked a question about signatures, in the correct section of the Forum - do I need your permission to do that? No, I didn't think so. Why are you obsessed with querying my posts?

For the love of God, and Christ seem to be your fave epithets.

And no Huguenot is not admin, he just gave a good answer to your question, and then pointed out that given you history of reporting posts, you probably didn't need to report every signature that displeased you.

I'm not obsessed with querying your posts, I just find the ones in this section odd.