Forum Sponsors

www.crittersolutions.co.uk
xxxx
http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

www.lorenzophotography.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messagedomain DNS settings
Posted by bonaome 04 August, 2012 18:39

Hi Admin,

eastdulwichforum.co.uk does not load the site since you made thr last set of updates.

I.e. the site only loads specifying the domain name www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk, if you can't be bothered to type the www. at the front the site appears dead.

I believe you need to mirror the A records in the DNS settings for www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk for eastdulwichforum.co.uk - but I' out of my technical depth now and will leave it with you.

Thanks

messageRe: domain DNS settings
Posted by Administrator 06 August, 2012 17:23

Yes, it's an annoying thing that's happened since the server upgrade. The page does seem to work, it's just the content in there doesn't (if that makes sense).

I'll have another look into it when I can but apologies for the annoyance it causes.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by DulwichFox 06 August, 2012 18:28

Administrator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, it's an annoying thing that's happened since
> the server upgrade. The page does seem to work,
> it's just the content in there doesn't (if that
> makes sense).
>
> I'll have another look into it when I can but
> apologies for the annoyance it causes.

Had a quick look at this. Do not fully understand but might point you in the right direction.

Do you have control of your DNS records?
You should create a CNAME record for "www".yourdomain.com that points to yourdomain.com.
Or you can create an A record for "www".yourdomain.com that resolves to the same ip address as yourdomain.com.

Fox.

Posted by Huguenot 08 August, 2012 06:23

Nah, I don't think that's the issue DF, I think they've done that but the database isn't working.

I'd do a 301 redirect and see what happens first.

Posted by Administrator 08 August, 2012 09:30

Ahhh, now a 301 could work. All the DNS settings are the same as before, something somewhere is just pointing [eastdulwichforum.co.uk] to a broken page so I'll give that a go.

--------------------
The Administrator

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed