where did my message about ramblers and hikers go?

tarafitness

that's very odd, just an email saying

You are receiving this email because you are following the thread:

Re: any local hikers/trekkers/ramblers/walkers etc out there?

but when I click on it I get

Sorry, the message you have requested could not be found.

most strange, any ideas anyone?

Huguenot - I can find nowhere that says that duplicate threads will be removed, and that wasn't the reason I was given when I queried the deletion.

Admin - I appreciate that you must have an extremely busy job, and obviously without people to administer a forum there would be chaos. But the reason this forum is so successful is because of the hundreds of people who contribute to it. People like me who use it to offer opinions, share news, or recommend anything from tree surgeons to locally grown vegetable bags.. and to sell stuff or give it away. So when I post a message asking for advice and kindly receive it, only to have that advice permanently removed without warning, I find it unduly harsh and wonder why administration isn't buying into this give-and-take culture that other forumites subscribe to?

The thread could have been moved, as you have demonstrated with this one, deleting it was very inconsiderate.

• Administrator

I'm not creating another rule to state the bleeding obvious about duplicate posts, there's too many rules already.

What usually happens in this 'give-and-take culture' is people say "sorry, I didn't realise that I shouldn't post a message in both the What's on section AND the ED issues section, especially as I now realise it's not a East Dulwich issue and was actually trying to give it more coverage by slipping it through the net" Then I say "oh, ok, I'll put it back up but in the correct section for you".

This hasn't happened this time, I'm being told that I've done wrong for keeping the forum tidy, am harsh and inconsiderate.

Edited to add: Sometimes I maybe those things but in this case it's about removing your duplicate post.

Duplicate posts are about trying to dominate the forum to promote whatever particular subject you happen to think is important to you at the expense of of other people.

I can't really believe that anybody would think it was somehow an act of generosity to spam the forum?

The bizarre reality is that when other people spam the forum they'd be the first to jump on it, but if they do it themselves it's somehow righteous.

Imagine what the forum would look like if everyone started repeating themselves all over it? Ridiculous sense of self righteousness from tarafitness.