Girls chewing gum with open mouths

Domitianus

Am I the only person who thinks this is the ugliest, commonest thing a girl can do (I am quite happy to see a girl swilling pints etc)? This drives me utterly nuts. If I am sitting opposite a woman on the bus who is chomping away on gum with her gob open I feel like I want to strangle her!!!! I had the misfortune to sit opposite two such women on the same seat of the bus recently and I wanted to get a mirror, hold it in front of their faces and say "Do you realise what you look like when you do that?" It has the ability to make even the classiest sexiest girl look cheap.

Yes, it is sexist, classist etc. I don't give a s**t!!! It drives me nuts with irritation.

Any comments?

I have to say it's right up there on my list of top bug bears... #1. being the "kissing" of teeth. Both acts make a lady look ugly and as much as I hate to b overly judgemental of those I don't know... I don't have much respect for these kind of ppl - mostly due to the ugliness and as Dom says "commoness". Both acts make me cringe and if I'm holding a book or something larger I have to fight back the urge to whack them wiv it! (6)

SteveT Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> More irritating is girls talking with there mouths

> full doing a blow job an dribbling over your best

> strides, it's really selfish with the cost of dry

> cleaning an all::o

Girls? Mouths?

Clearly Steve leads a more adventurous life than most.

Are you a part-time member of Motley Crue by any chance?

Totally agree Dom!

2 weeks ago I was sat at the 37 bus stop in Hernia Hill near a girl who couldnt have been more offensieve with her chewing if she tried. I had my earphones on and playing and I could still hear the smacking..... I had to walk away ... I didnt have a mirror.

I dont think anything is more offensive than that!

And I can't see any of Motley Crue going to the DCs!

I remember a rhyme the girls used to sing when playing 'two balls'.

'PK penny a packet,

First you lick it'

Then you crack it'

Then you stick it to your jacket,

PK penny a packet'.

For those of you of a more recent vintage PK was a brand of chewing gum that came in small packages of four dragees.

The game of two balls has no connection with Motley Crue and was an innocent pastime comprising two tennis balls being skilfully bounced back and forth off a convenient wall while chanting mysterious incantations such as the above.

I did not play with the girls. They were just very loud and a chap couldn't help but pick up some of their chants despite trying to play proper games such as 'War' and 'Cops And Robbers'. In fact it could be very offputting, especially if you were involved in a heated discussion with a fellow participant who was refusing to 'take his shots'

My point, if indeed I have one is Domitianus that things could be a lot worse, imagine how revolting to see a young woman, licking, cracking and then sticking it to her jacket.

Fair makes you shudder.

PK was only good for (at best) a minute.. maybe two.. of flavoursome chewing. So indeed after you'd licked it and cracked it, your options were sorely limited.

Some people stuck it to their jacket. I preferred to lob mine down a drain when no-one was looking and perhaps go try and catch a frog by the pond.

People chewing gum at any time is disgusting, male or female, it's disgusting. An alarming number of people seem to do it on trains first thing in the morning. WHY!!!!!!! You only have to look at footabll managers standing on the touchline to see just how revolting it looks, take Allardyce and Fergusmoan as perfect examples of the nauseous art of gum chewing at its' worst. Or alterantively chav girls of say 15 or 16 with blank almost bovine expressions on their faces. Yeeeeuch. Just the tought of it makes me heave.

On the upside, it keeps the fresh spittle moving around your mouth, thus preventing it from smelling like an open sewer on the bus home after a day on the egg and cress sandwiches, roll-ups, Snickers bars, pork scratchings and a few pints.