National Theatre queing for tickets - Advice - Thanks

Marmora Man

I intend to queue tomorrow for NT tickets for "Much ado about nothing". 50 / 100 seats are always reserved for sale on the day of the performance.

can anyone advise on what time I should be in the queue by. I really want to see Simon Russell-Beale and Zoe Wanamaker as their performances have been praised by friends and critics.

The queue at the NT is always very civilised. You need to phone the box office and ask what time to arrive as it varies from play to play. It's normally never earlier than about 8.00am. Box office opens at 10.00. Sometimes you just need to be there by the time the box office opens. Give them a ring - they will tell you

The first people to arrive usuually get row A in the stalls. After that it goes to circle and then after that to standing. Row A stalls is nice (if a bit close).

They do get returns all the time though so it's worth keep checking the website.

Thanks for all the advice. Update.

The were just 30 tickets for "Much Ado" plus some returns.

Arrived at 07.10 this morning - first in the queue, but quickly joined by 3 or 4 others. By 7.30 / 7.45 there were about 10 and by 8.30 over 20 / 25.

As giggirl said - it's very civilised. Everyone friendly and chatty - I learnt a bit about conservation in Mauritius, discussed wedding presents, government grants to business, Nunhead cemetery and cycling to work. The more experienced queue'rs had fold up chairs and rugs, which I would advise. 2.5 hours on your feet in the cold is pretty uncomfortable, my flask of coffee was important as was a good book / newspaper, a bacon sandwich would have gone down well if I'd thought ahead. Doors opened at 09.30 and, as first in the queue I picked up two ?10 tickets right in the centre front row. It's