Modern Times, Modern Sins

fish

The Vatican has said that modern times bring with them modern sins (ie bioethics, drug trafficking, ecological offences, economic injustices, human use of fossil fuels etc). In my book, the biggest sin is the Catholic Church turning a blind eye to the sexual abuse of children, by evil and perverted priests. How about, Thou shall not sweep sexual abuse cases under the carpet?

Perhaps we should go back to the concept of selling indulgences as well - that was a nice racket! Mind you, the RC church doesn't exactly need the money, their coffers are absolutely bursting (can't remember the sum quoted in In God's Name but it was huge). Heaven forbid that they should actually liquidate some of their wealth and use it for charitable purposes - that sort of thing would be Christian and humane (not often the same thing!)

And speaking of In God's Name - let's not forget the Vatican's links with organised crime and the murder and subsequent cover-up of John Paul I.

As someone who thinks religion is a load of old shite - I can at least admire (with some horror) the self-proclaimed moral certainty of Islam, Judaism and increasingly Catholicism. Meanwhile the kind of touchy feely "we want to be democratic and secular and touchy feely ....oh but there is a god, he's a bit like Tony Blair" (ie doesn't believe in anything doesn't argue about anything won't take a stance on anything) shite of the Church of England is pathetic - no wonder their particular flock is deserting in droves.

Doesn't mean that the catholic church isn't a disgraceful sham full of perverts tho...

Fish wtote

The Vatican has said that modern times bring with them modern sins.

The catholic church is the same as any other big business it has its perverts and deviants in full measure. The corruption within permits those sins to continue. The same with the anglicans and their leadership struggles it is inherently corrupt otherwise it would not continue on it's present path.

ah.. :-$

>:D<

I am afraid reference two 2 comedy shows in one post is a little beyond me. Let alone reference to one through another which is spoofing the real world reactions to another?s spoof and it all gets rather confusing?.. :-S