Nihongo shabemasuka? Do you speak Japanese?

missamberm

Hi neighbours,

I'm looking for any Japanese speakers in the area who might be interested to start a conversation group type thing. I'm not entirely sure how it would work best, but I'm just keen for some Japanese conversation!

I've been learning Japanese myself on and off since 1994 and lived in Japan for a while in the early 2000s. I'm a bit out of practice at the moment though...

Let me know if you're interested - I don't think it really matters if we're a mix of abilities, so don't let that be a barrier if you're a new learner.

Amber

Aisatsu.

Watashi no kioku wa, mohaya watashi wa, go kib? no h?h? de anata ni hanasu no ni j?bun'na gengo o hoji shimasen. Nihongo de comunicate suru koto ga dekimasu ?ku no hitobito ga sonzai shite inai y? ni watashi wa anata ga eru koto o subete no mess?ji ni ky?mi o motte imasu.

Greeting.

My memory no longer retains enough language to speak to you in a way I would like.

I am interested in any messages that you get as there are not many who can comunicate in Japanese.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I could scrape a bit of dodgy japanese out but the struggle involved is harsly worth it! I live the idea of a chat-fest and tried to do something similar in a previous workplace. From the thread it seems the difference in levels would cause some real issues, unless you have some ingenius solutions?

Im married to a Japanese lady and we have 2 lovely girls. Oldest -9 - used to be semi-fluent but now answers mum in English 90%; 3 yr old is less affected by English environment and happy to natter away dreamily in Japanese, as well as her own invented words!

Ive tried to have an impact on elder daughter by pushing us all to speak Japanese together, but my own difficulties and older dauguter's made it so unnatural. Guess thats the only way though, including games, stories etc.

Cheers,

M

はじめまして!

私は 日本語 を しゃべることができますが、ぜんぜん つかっていない から だんだん わすれています。。。

I would be up for brushing up on it a bit, though I can't guarantee it will be an English-free conversation...

• 2 months later...
Did anything come of this? I speak a little bit of Japanese, attempting to teach my half-Japanese daughter and now started taking up classes in central london again. The best way to learn more would really be through taking her to more Japanese playgroups but they do seem to be few and far between (and not on my days off!).

• 1 year later...