The Walking Dead (with spoilers)

aquarius moon

Season 1 = Massive advertising campaign, in the press, clips shown on tv, billboards etc. I remember seeing a giant poster under Herne Hill railway bridge.

It was shown at 10pm on a Sunday night, which is a peak viewing slot.

Season 2 = Advertised briefly in the press & a few trailers shown on tv.

Moved to a Monday night at 10pm, so obviously viewing figures won't be as good.

Season 3 = Nothing! I only knew it was on because it was due back in the summer, so I was checking tv schedules. I didn't even see it advertised on the channel itself.

Episode one, 11 pm, Saturday night. Great, except the following Saturday, everybody sat down to watch episode two, only to find 'Big Brother' instead. No explanation, even though it was advertised in all the tv mags/papers etc.

Apparently due to poor viewing figures after the first episode, they decided to move it to Mon at midnight, with a repeat on 5* on Sunday. After one episode? What a joke!

There were hundreds of complaints on the Channel 5 website, resulting in the main episodes now being shown on Sun at 10pm on 5*, followed by the repeat at midnight Monday.

I've not missed this once since it began & am really annoyed that the programme isn't being given the recognition & airtime it deserves.

It is really popular in the US & could be the same here, if Channel 5 bothered to promote it properly.

Next they'll be saying they won't be buying the next series, due to poor viewing figures.

They did exactly the same with 'Dallas'.

Halfway through the second season, they decided to change the timeslot from 9pm to 11pm & most people switched off.

They really haven't got a clue.

I like to think Lori is really dead, easily the most annoying character in the show. You might want to put a spoiler warning on your original post though AM!

I watched the first series last year and thought it was ok but soon lost interest in following it. I picked up the 2nd and third seasons after a friend told me that it got better. It did, the characters are infinitely more developed and the plotting keeps you guessing. I thought it was very good.

bon3yard Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I like to think Lori is really dead, easily the

> most annoying character in the show. You might

> want to put a spoiler warning on your original

> post though AM!

> I watched the first series last year and thought

> it was ok but soon lost interest in following it.

> I picked up the 2nd and third seasons after a

> friend told me that it got better. It did, the

> characters are infinitely more developed and the

> plotting keeps you guessing. I thought it was very

> good.

Edited to add spoilers!

• 1 year later...