Football Focus

Otta

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> the old thread seems to be knackered (bloody

> Carnell), so a new thread for the new season.

Typical Leeds, don't hear a squeak from them for years and years, then they suddenly turn up and trash the place...

red devil Wrote:

> Otta Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > the old thread seems to be knackered (bloody

> > Carnell), so a new thread for the new season.

>

> Typical Leeds, don't hear a squeak from them for

> years and years, then they suddenly turn up and

> trash the place...

That made me chuckle. I think breaking that thread is about as violent as I've ever been!

You won't hear much from me for another few years I expect.

Parkdrive Wrote:

> Jah Lush Wrote:

> -----

> > Seven ways to cheer up Arsenal fans.

> >

> >

> >

> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rundown/se

>

> > ven-ways-cheer-arsenal-fans-205801964.html

>

> Altenatively how to piss off Bale FC fans, just

> one word ....BALE

You must be more stupid than I thought you were if you think that pisses us off.

Sooo, at least Saurez has at least had the balls to say he wants away from Liverpool. I wonder whether Madrid might come in if they don't get Bale... Just can't see him going to Arsenal, and after that stupid bid they put in, I hope they don't get him. (I know a lot of the fans don't want him, but the club clearly seem to)

After a summer of public statements saying he wanted to leave Liverpool, get away from the British press etc, I was surprised that Liverpool supporters gave Suarez a standing ovation at Stevie G's testimonial at the weekend. What does he have to do/say for their fans to take off the blinkers? Obviously his racism was ok with them, and so was the odd bit of cannibalism. Maybe not acknowledging the ovation and then subsequently not turning up for Gerrard's testimonial dinner will be the tipping point? Or how about his threat of legal action, something he has previous for whilst he was at Gronnigen and trying to engineer a move to Ajax...sounds familiar? Or maybe it's today's latest public ''let me leave'' plea. Prey tell, Liverpool fans.

I obviously realise Utd have a similar situation with the angry and confused pieman. However, if he plays in the Charity Shield match this weekend I don't think he'll get anything remotely like a standing ovation, infact more likely the opposite. Watch and learn Liverpool fans...

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Parkdrive Wrote:

> -----

> > Jah Lush Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Seven ways to cheer up Arsenal fans.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rundown/se

>

> >

> > > ven-ways-cheer-arsenal-fans-205801964.html

> >

> > Altenatively how to piss off Bale FC fans, just

> > one word ....BALE

>

> You must be more stupid than I thought you were if

> you think that pisses us off.

That coming from a BALE FC fan is hilarious. Obviously touched a nerve. Never mind, Thursday night football beckons.

I obviously realise Utd have a similar situation with the angry and confused pieman. However, if he plays in the Charity Shield match this weekend I don't think he'll get anything remotely like a standing ovation, infact more likely the opposite. Watch and learn Liverpool fans

Very hypocritical, I seem to recall that the last time he tried to get away and was paid to stay, you all backed him to the hilt, no double standards here then. Watch and learn indeed.

I'm no Rooney fan, but I sort of have more sympathy with his situation. He's done it all with United, and wants to do something else. I get that. I also get that Suarez wants to play at the very highest level of club football, it's just the way he's conducted himself which stinks, plus he signed a new deal a year ago.

Otta Wrote:

> I'm no Rooney fan, but I sort of have more

> sympathy with his situation. He's done it all with

> United, and wants to do something else. I get

> that. I also get that Suarez wants to play at the

> very highest level of club football, it's just the

> way he's conducted himself which stinks, plus he

> signed a new deal a year ago.

Signing a new deal simply ups the price of a player when he wants to leave. Rooneys conduct is not far behind Suarez, and a repeat of what he did a few years back in case United fans have forgotten.

red devil Wrote:

> ratty, how does the heirarchy work in a

> supporter's owned club? How did you go about

> appointing the Board, manager etc. Did you vote

> amongst yourselves as to who would be elected to

> the Board?...

The Trust is the majority shareholder of the club and raised most of the money to buy the club. The rest of the money has come from high net worth individuals. Some of these are board members along with the chair (elected) of the trust.

One high networth individual, Ian Mcinees is chair and the board are currently appointing finance director, chief exec etc.

Parkdrive Wrote:

> Jah Lush Wrote:

> >

> > You must be more stupid than I thought you were

> if

> > you think that pisses us off.

>

>

> That coming from a BALE FC fan is hilarious.

> Obviously touched a nerve. Never mind, Thursday

> night football beckons.

Nope. No nerves touched. I suppose we could have called the Wanderers RVP FC a couple of seasons ago but our sense of humour isn't as bad as yours obviously is.

I'm reasonably happy with Thursday night football thanks. Some so called bigger clubs haven't qualified for a European competition but we have. I'll be even happier if we win it.

Parkdrive Wrote:

> I obviously realise Utd have a similar situation

> with the angry and confused pieman. However, if he

> plays in the Charity Shield match this weekend I

> don't think he'll get anything remotely like a

> standing ovation, infact more likely the opposite.

> Watch and learn Liverpool fans

>

> Very hypocritical, I seem to recall that the last

> time he tried to get away and was paid to stay,

> you all backed him to the hilt, no double

> standards here then. Watch and learn indeed.

You've spectacularly missed the point I was making, that being what does Suraez have to do for Liverpool fans to get the hump.

There's no hypocracy concerning the current Rooney situation, totally different set of circumstances. Utd fans may have forgiven him but we didn't forget...

Otta Wrote:

> I'm no Rooney fan, but I sort of have more

> sympathy with his situation. He's done it all with

> United, and wants to do something else. I get

> that. I also get that Suarez wants to play at the

I've no problem with Rooney wanting to leave for the reasons you cite. We had no problems with Ronaldo doing the same, infact he was given the best reception I've ever heard at OT when he returned with Madrid last season. The problem most Utd fans have with Rooney is the way he i.e. his advisors, go about it...

ETA: grammar

Otta Wrote:

I also get that Suarez wants to play at the

Apparently thats the whole problem (thats if you can believe anything Suarez says!) in that he says that within that contract last year, it allows him to leave after a year to a champions league club if liverpool failed to get into it, which they did fail to do.

A cheat will always look out for himself and likely does not give a toss about anyone else. Exciting footballer though, which makes it even more of a shame.

Steve Nicol on talksport last night said that the manager had let Suaraz down by not (so far) honouring the contract terms! I wonder why Nicol might want to undermine the current manager?

ratty Wrote:

> red devil Wrote:

> -----

> > ratty, how does the heirarchy work in a

> > supporter's owned club? How did you go about

> > appointing the Board, manager etc. Did you vote

> > amongst yourselves as to who would be elected

> to

> > the Board?...

>

>

> The Trust is the majority shareholder of the club

> and raised most of the money to buy the club. The

> rest of the money has come from high net worth

> individuals. Some of these are board members along

> with the chair (elected) of the trust.

>

> One high networth individual, Ian Mcinees is chair

> and the board are currently appointing finance

> director, chief exec etc.

Understood. What do fans have to do to join the Trust? Do they have to cough up i.e. minimum stake?...

Mick Mac Wrote:

> Otta Wrote:

> -----

>

> I also get that Suarez wants to play at the

> > very highest level of club football, it's just

> the

> > way he's conducted himself which stinks, plus

> he

> > signed a new deal a year ago.

>

> Apparently thats the whole problem (thats if you

> can believe anything Suarez says!) in that he says

> that within that contract last year, it allows him

> to leave after a year to a champions league club

> if liverpool failed to get into it, which they did

> fail to do.

>

> A cheat will always look out for himself and

> likely does not give a toss about anyone else.

> Exciting footballer though, which makes it even

> more of a shame.

>

> Steve Nicol on talksport last night said that the

> manager had let Suaraz down by not (so far)

> honouring the contract terms! I wonder why Nicol

> might want to undermine the current manager?

I can't see Utd getting rid of Rooney without getting in a high quality replacement. I had a think earlier and the only names I could think of who would fit the bill and are 'available' are Lewandowski, who will be going to Munich next year, and..........Suarez!!!!!! That would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons...