Forum Sponsors

https://m.facebook.com/cariadpets/photos
xxxx
All Round Renovation

http://www.ellyallen.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...256257258259260261262263264265266Next
Current Page: 264 of 266
messageRe: Football Focus
Posted by maxxi 26 October, 2017 04:29

"2:0 and you @#$%& it up"...

Now get them to get their furking shit together as much against Palace....*

*holds breath

Posted by Mick Mac 26 October, 2017 08:27

Big Sam to Rangers is the rumour. Boy do they need something.

Posted by Mick Mac 26 October, 2017 16:27

Rangers manager sacked. 7m in charge.

Posted by Parkdrive 26 October, 2017 19:18

Mick Mac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rangers manager sacked. 7m in charge.

And will his replacement do fair any better? Ridiculous. But then football is ridiculous now.

Posted by Alan Medic 28 October, 2017 07:31

In case anyone is interested and doesn't know, England play Spain in the U17 WC Final today. It's on BBC2 @ 15.30 I think.

Some of the comments after this article would make you worry about this country, if you weren't already:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by Mick Mac 28 October, 2017 14:05

What's the worrying bit Alan??

Posted by Alan Medic 28 October, 2017 16:48

Quite a few seemed disturbed by how many non white players there are in the team.

Posted by Mick Mac 28 October, 2017 17:29

Oh.
Anyway. Well-done England

Posted by Alan Medic 28 October, 2017 17:35

Bloody well done from 0-2 down. Great year for under age international teams in England. Will it ever convert into a great year for the seniors is the question? Prem League may say no. They won't get a chance.......

Posted by Alan Medic 01 November, 2017 07:54

This made me smile. According to my AI friend Alexa, when I asked her for the Sports News, she said various things including upcoming football fixtures. Apparently tonight Liverpool are playing North Korea Maribor. I had to listen to it twice to make sure I wasn't hearing things.

Posted by red devil 01 November, 2017 08:19

Jumpers for goalposts...

Posted by Alan Medic 01 November, 2017 12:43

Morata: Can't see myself staying in London long

Clarifies comment: Can't see myself staying in London long after I stop playing football. Would probably sign a 10 year contract with Chelsea if offered one.

Of course you would.

Posted by Parkdrive 01 November, 2017 15:56

Puts me in mind of a certain Wayne "blue for life"Rooney, who signed for Manchester United. The modern footballer has no understanding of the concept of loyalty.

Posted by red devil 01 November, 2017 16:38

They do, they just have different loyalties than what fans have...

Posted by Alan Medic 01 November, 2017 17:13

I read extracts of his interview and I could understand someone from abroad not settling here. That's fair enough. What makes me laugh though is that he was most likely telling the truth initially and then on advice some up with this 10 year contract which is pure bull****. As for loyalty, well it's a career and can be a short one. Rooney moving from Liverpool to Manchester was not because of cultural differences. Morata preferring to move back to Spain or even Italy is a different kettle of fish.

Posted by red devil 01 November, 2017 17:22

He fibbed about wanting to join Chelsea in the first place, he was all set on joining MU until Utd surprised everyone and got Lukaku instead...

Posted by Alan Medic 01 November, 2017 17:32

I forgot that. Did United choose wisely do you think Red?

Posted by red devil 01 November, 2017 18:07

I'd say Lukaku's experience and ability to cope with the rough and tumble of the PL gives him the edge. Morata has already picked up niggling injuries. Neither is in Kane's class at the moment...

Posted by Parkdrive 02 November, 2017 09:15

red devil Wrote:
> They do, they just have different loyalties than
> what fans have...
The only loyalty they have is to money. As Harry Redknapp once said, all that badge kissing is bollocks.

Posted by red devil 02 November, 2017 09:36

Why should players be the only ones to show loyalty? The clubs themselves don't, they're more than happy to get rid of a player when it suits...

Posted by Mick Mac 02 November, 2017 11:23

red devil Wrote:
> Why should players be the only ones to show
> loyalty? The clubs themselves don't, they're more
> than happy to get rid of a player when it suits...

Absolutely agree - it tends to be the clubs that sign the players up to long contracts, not always to retain them but to make sure they don't lose out - the length of some of the long contract signed only reflects both parties covering themselves in the event of a better offer.

its often reported as "this contract will keep "A" at the club until "2077".....which is nonsense. Of course transfer fees are payments of compensation for mutually agreed breaches of contract as agreed between the willing selling club and the willing buying club. The club is always a willing seller otherwise there would be no deal.

But I do think that where loyalty should be expected is in respect of loyalty to a manager. Not giving your all / player power / player mutiny, all of these get my goat and modern players are very much guilty of this blackmailing of club to replace a manager they don't particularly like.

Posted by Parkdrive 02 November, 2017 13:03

red devil Wrote:
------------------I -------------------------------------
> Why should players be the only ones to show
> loyalty? The clubs themselves don't, they're more
> than happy to get rid of a player when it suits...
Because, rightly or wrongly, they are the embodiment of the club to most fans. It's they that take part in the 90 minutes of drama played out on the pitch.

Posted by Alan Medic 02 November, 2017 13:36

For the most part players give 100% on the pitch, which is about as much loyalty you can expect in that profession.

Posted by red devil 02 November, 2017 13:52

Fans sign up to a club for life, players don't. Maybe they did in the olden days, when players were local and the club was very much part of the community. You probably only find that spirit in non-league clubs these days...

Posted by Parkdrive 02 November, 2017 20:50

One of the major irritants for fans is the amount of money they pay to watch players who are paid the sort of money it would take them several lifetimes to earn in the space of a year and don't demonstrate the same passion as the fans.

Posted by maxxi 04 November, 2017 22:52

If the loss wasn't bad enough having that sh1t stick Allardyce on MOTD made it unbearable... And Moyes??? No no no no no no!!! Christ no.

Posted by red devil 05 November, 2017 13:52

Moyes would be a total disaster, far too negative both in terms of persona and style of play. Totally the wrong type of manager that West Ham need right now...

Posted by maxxi 06 November, 2017 12:04

Well Slav's gone - can only hope Moyes will be a temporary apptmnt

Posted by maxxi 06 November, 2017 12:17

If Phukwit Neville joins him I foresee a bigger revolt than when BFS reigned...

Posted by red devil 06 November, 2017 12:56

Don't worry, PhilNev says Moyes is a fantastic manager, so no need to panic...

http://troll.me/images/home-simpson-panic/home-simpson-panic.jpg

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...256257258259260261262263264265266Next
Current Page: 264 of 266

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum