Monday 16th

Partner left for work trip, not back until Wednesday

Looked at the washing up

Looked at the washing up

Looked at the washing up

Made a coffee, looked at the washing up

Took my youngest to school, much joy as don't get to do often

Went to have a cafe breakfast, phone rings, order take away roll

Tried to get tyres on the van changed, ended up looking at 3 beautifully restored BMW motorcycles that aren't for sale

No tyres in stock, though now ordered

Reheated soup, added chilli shrimp salt & dried onion

Answered phone to inquiry about rare Binchotan

Stood outside watching scaffolder tip toe up roof, secretly hoped he'd fall off

Looked at clock

Leaving for school with onion breath

Monday 16th Pm

Paraded round the boudoir in suzzies imaging what the burly scaffolder might do with me, if he caught a glimpse of me

Squeezed one out and got my everyday frock on, wished the scaffolder dead for NOT noticing me as I ambled past. I gave him a piece of my mind, in my mind. "Who ate all the pies, hope you fall off that fekkin roof tomorrow, yeah in your dreams fat boy"

Collected golden child from school, I was a little late and he gave me the 'look'

Walked to the park and watched the child play footy as I chatted to the other mums. Child plays beautifully with the other boys, beating them 21 goals to 16

Strolled back home, sun on our backs, found a dragon fly resting on the ground

Enthralled child rescues it and it sits a while on his hand, we're rightly spell bound. Child breaks the silence with "Hey, it's got a face like a sumo"

We wander home via Tesco and buy chicken for HomeTucky (wheat and gluten free btw) then I go at the dishes. What the hell my other half does all day I don't know, but I do know we DO NOT NEED 24 knives in our cutlery tray, so I edit ALL the kitchen implements. Less implements=less washing up.

That'll learn ya, I think to myself. I mention my achievements/strategy on the phone to the other half, only to be told

"Don't be such a w4nker"

Put child to bed and await the return of pre-teen other child

Look again at diminishing washing up

Look again at diminishing washing up

Get pen to make PLEASE WASH AND DRY UP AS YOU GO sign

Admire my handy work

Pre teen returns. "Did you make that sign?"

"Yes" I answer

"Oh you're really asking for trouble, you know that don't you"

"Yes" I answer again

"I'm trying to get a point across with that sign" I follow with

Pre teen looks, slowly shakes his head and walks off upstairs

aquarius moon Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well done for tackling the washing up.

>

> There will be loads more tomorrow.

>

> A woman's work is never done!

>

> :)

>

>

> P.S. Did you really find a dragonfly? You are so

> lucky. Haven't seen one of those in years.

Yes we did find a dragon fly

Most beautiful it was too, all blue black along its body

I'd never held one but golden child seems to have the touch with bugs, and stuff like that

And yes, a woman's work is never done

:)

Salsaboy Wrote:

> Just wondering why squirrels are so stupid that

> they sit in the rain looking at the empty nut

> holder.

xxxxxx

Salsaboy, please please give the squirrels some nuts :)

Sue Wrote:

> Salsaboy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Just wondering why squirrels are so stupid that

> > they sit in the rain looking at the empty nut

> > holder.

>

> xxxxxx

>

> Salsaboy, please please give the squirrels some

> nuts :)

Sue, please tell Salsaboy NOT to give any nuts to the squirrels, they are at present undeserving of them, being in my opinion (and I think I speak for the whole of London at least that you'll not find humbler) and need to be taught the value of a nut.

Salsaboy is the most sensitive of souls and will like as not start casting almonds, cashews even unto shelled pistachios about the place and will spoil them.

And that won't do.

Ooooh and of course I've looked at the above post and can see how much influence the Peroni intake and the viewing of dear Steve Fry (tell me you call him Steve?) has had on me, this evening.

I leave you with this, if Alan Davis were to fall on Philippa Forrester, would it make a sound idea for a sitcom?

Thank you.

Salsaboy Wrote:

> Filled the nut holder up to please both Sue and

> the squirrels and when I got home from work the

> little bastards had pulled the lid off and eaten

> the lot.

>

> The squirrels, not Sue.

>

> At least I don't think it was Sue.

But of course you don't know, SalsaBoy. And you quite correctly imply that it could well have been Sue responsible for the acts of vandalism and theft that occurred.

Oh SalsaBoy, did you not see my wise counsel above? DID YOU NOT?

It's plain as the nose on your otherwise handsome face that Sue has been running the 'short game' here.

Gull some innocent into giving up kernels, and by the way TELL HIM BOTH WHERE TO PUT THEM, AND WHEN!!!

Wait for him to go to work, over the fence she goes, oisy-doisy-doh *Bob*'s yer uncle.

Of course it may not have been Sue, she may not have had an accomplice.

It of course 'MAY' have been 'SQUIRRELS'.

Anything's possible, I suppose...

Woke up this morning. der der der dum.

Crawled out of bed and made coffee, switched on the computer and lit up a ciggie with the thought that I really must write something today. Yes, finally I'm going to write that little something that will spark my creative juices to get the fuckityfuck flowing again. Something the world will recognise for the genius that it is. Yes, I say to myself 'the muse shall return today.' I stare at the screen nothing happens. I have a quick gander at Facebook, take my goes on scrabble and like something that someone said on their own thread. Read some sports pages online, more coffee, more cigarettes. Where is that bitch?

I go back to bed and read a book for a while and then have a mid morning snooze. Get up again, go to the computer. Come on baby, come hither. I know you're there. I crack my knuckles, fingers poised over the keyboard... nothing happens. I go to the bog to take a dump and have a good muse on where the muse has gone - down the fucking toilet, I suspect. I flush. Nothing happens. Feck! Anyone know a good plumber? Pour bucket of water down the loo and slouch back into the living room to stare at the computer some more.

At 2.00 I realise that I still haven't showered and got dressed yet. I skin up and put something music on the sound system instead (Joe Gibbs and the Professionals' African Dub Chapter Three. if you're in the slightest bit interested) go back to the keyboard, stare at the screen and wonder if she'll ever return. 2.45 I write some incidental musings on nothing much on the EDF. Stare at the screen again... Five minutes later, give up and finally get in the shower.

Being slightly nonplussed by the rain, i've taken the decision to wait in for courier to collect a pallet. I used a what was left of the cling wrap just because it was there, knowing the guy the other end will probably wonder why it's so obviously over wrapped. You can just about make out the wording on the boxes

Thinking it was Friday I promised to personally deliver some stuff, but shall put it off until tomorrow. Driving in the rain is not on my to-do-list in life today

I'm drinking instant coffee even though the jar stood next to the proper coffee jug thing, couldn't be arsed & eyeballs ache slightly

I have eaten 3/4 of a Daim bar in 4 bites