Has anyone ever owned a share of a racehorse :)

Mick Mac

I'm about to embark on a little added fun as my life is very dull.

It's called Silver Treasure and he's French although he lives in Newmarket now.

He's only two bless him but he can already run 6 furlongs. Just not as quickly as the other horses can.

Ps. Don't tell Mrs M.

If I can just say, of course I have once bought a burger from a high street supermarket, can we consider the correspondence on the consumption of horsemeat opened and closed and allow Mick M's thread to continue without any (more?) unnecessary hilarity?

You're welcome Mick M.

Let us know when he's running, I'll put my little all on him.

Edited - punctuation, you're the divil...

Wow six furlongs! I don't know what a furlong is but six of them sound like a long way.

I knew some chaps that did own a nag and they used it as an excuse to get right royally lashed up at racecourses across the country and I think found the whole thing very enjoyable.

However, I suspect if you want winners it might ruin your life

steveo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> I knew some chaps that did own a nag and they used

> it as an excuse to get right royally lashed up at

> racecourses across the country and I think found

> the whole thing very enjoyable.

>

Exactly Steveo... and its only a 5% share so no major expense.

But if it doesn't win the Derby I'l leat my hat.

Woohoo - Its running [but soft groud is not good and it was stepping up anyway....so don't back it]

Dear All,

Silver Treasure has been declared to run in the 15:20 ( French time)at Chantilly on Friday. He has been drawn in stall 2 of 15 and Rab Havlin rides. The ground is forecast to be soft. Many thanks,

Amy Weaver.

Amy Weaver Racing

Sorry you guys didn't back it. Obviously I didn't know a lot about the horse and didn't want you to lose money so steered clear of recommending it.

We had a great day and we were over the moon with second place. It will run again once this year prob towards the end of the month. It will run in either a maiden for horses that have yet to win a race or a claimer where god forbid someone can buy it from us. As I only a small share i have no say so I'm hoping the main owner chooses a maiden in which case we will likely own it into next year as a three year old.

It has some distance ability on the dam side so 10 or 12 furlongs could suit it next year.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a really good pedigree.

He should do well.

I was mad about horse racing in the 70's & 80's (used to follow John Dunlop & back all his horses!)

All those names bring back some really good memories. Especially 'Mummys Pet' who was around the same time as 'Mill Reef' 'Brigadier Gerard' & 'My Swallow'.

Those were the days!