nexus tablet techies????

bigmacca1

morning all,

Do any of you I.T techie good people know if you can watch a downloaded movie from a nexus tablet to a HD TV? I have tried connecting via a USB cable but although I can view photos from the tablet not movies?? If I need a different cable any idea where I might get one,have tried maplins but no luck.

Thanks bigmacca

You need a slimport adapter. One end plugs into your Nexus 7 via the micro USB port and the other end has a socket for an HDMI cable. If you don't have spare HDMI cable then you'll need one of those as well.

Slimport adapters seem to vary in cost - maybe buy one from Amazon and send it back within 7 days if it doesn't work/works badly.

Link to a slimport adapter on Amazon site

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HPZAA1C/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00DWGB6CU&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1Q1TEKQMG1N3CCHTMNYQ

I have a Nexus 10 and a Sony Bravia smart tv.

I don't download films from the Nexus to the tv, I just connect the Nexus to the TV using an HDMI cable - the type with a normal sized HDMI end for the tv and a micro HDMI end for the Nexus. After making sure your tv is set at the correct port (that the HDMI cable is connected to) you then play the movie on the Nexus and it appears simultaneously on your tv.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all for your advice

After trying to connect tablet wirelessly via flippa and tawny something ? With no joy

I have purchased a lead from amazon which when connected via HDMI mirrors what's on the

Tablet. So can now watch films from show box, and others.

Once again thanks for the advise.