People needing help for their pets in the floods?

muffins78

I'm just wondering does anyone know anything about pets during the floods? I know there was something on Sky but I can't find the article - I've been googling, but can't find much really (the phone is rubbish to google on). Just wondering do people need temporary homes for their pets?

I don't know how I could really help because i don't have a pet at the moment, as I may not be here enough for it with work etc.. Although I do occasionally babysit cats for friends/neighbours, so maybe I could do that! I'm sure it's a concern that those affected about the floods have.

Contact the animal charities directly, such as RSPCA. Even if you are not able to foster animals, you can help by donating money or towels/blankets etc. Many animal charities are helping with flood support and rescue. I'm sure they'd be grateful of any help you can give. Xx

I contacted a local animal sanctuary to offer temporary grazing (there have been animals drowning / starving down here due to flooded fields) - they were very grateful and it looks like we may have some evacuees coming soon.

No longer in ED (obviously) ;)

Thank you all for this :) I can definitely donate blankets etc., and can definitely look into offering a temporary roof over some little pets head(s) if it was needed!! Ill contact the charities!!

ClareC that's so sad, it's great that you were in a position to help though. Have you got any animals yet? Let us know how they are, it would be nice to hear.