Mice control

eastdulwichhenry

Before going with the council I would check how they would deal with the mice. If they would poison them you ought to consider the possible stench and/or flies that would follow (unless their bodies can be retrieved). Often you would not be able to get to where they are if they are under floorboards or between walls.

Colin from K&O would probably use traps which can then be removed and the mouse disposed of. A smell of rotting mouse would last for 2-4 weeks approx. I would speak to both and see what they would suggest. Good luck!

Mice seem to be a real problem over the last year. I had problems getting them to eat the bait, but I have now mixed the bait with melted butter and they are eating it by the loads, so hope it works for me now.

To treat for mice, I think it depends on the property you live in too. I live in a terraced property and so mice can come from any other property attached to mine, so is a real pain. It is my understanding that all properties attached would have to be treated, which I assume would have to be the council to do this.I will have to do this if this last attempt doesn't work.

This may not be of help if you have a really big problem, but I had mice in my kitchen for the first time ever around Christmas this year. I think it was because food such as cheese was left out which normally wouldn't have been, due to lack of room in the fridge with all the Christmas stuff. The mistake I made was not covering it.

It was very sweet in a way - they ate grapes, carefully discarding the skins which they left in little piles.

Somehow they got to the bottom of a bowl of fruit where I found an apple with everything eaten including core and seeds, apart from the whole of the skin, which apart from a small hole where the mouse got in was completely intact :)

I THINK I have sorted it, fingers crossed, by keeping all the surfaces scrupulously cleared of crumbs etc, and by putting all the food away (though I did have to put the Christmas cake on top of the fridge-freezer :)) )

However I bought a dual-entrance large humane mouse trap from the internet, just in case I need to use it ....

Don't mind giving a home to mice during the cold weather, but not when they c*ap in my kitchen :(

Waste not, want not, if you do end up with dead mice, here's what you can do with them:

http://www.boxpark.co.uk/event/taxidermy-workshop/

Wow, I must say I've never had it that bad... ...yet. But they do seem to be getting more desperate. When no food is left out, they have just knawed through my waste bin instead to get to anything they can, which is a bin that I don't even put food in, just wrappings,etc.Buttered pellets better work!!!!