SOME songs on my iphone suddenly "not right"

StraferJack

Anyone else have this problem?

In the last few weeks, I?ve noticed that maybe 30-40% of the tracks on my iphone have started to sound not right

At this point, anyone with a beef about apple, iphones, MP3, digital music generally needs to start another thread because this isn?t the one!

By ?not right? I mean volume seems about 50% of what it should be. Vocals have retreated to the background. A general light smear of muffle over the whole sound

If I play the same track via spotify it?s absolutely fine ?so I?m ruling out my phone connector or headphones

The affected tracks were playing fine until recently ? and it?s not the album master as some tracks on same album don?t have the problem

I get it on both MP3 and AAC files so it?s not format specific either

The remaining 60-70% of tracks on the phone play just fine but the problem is affecting more of them every week

It sounds odd and I?ve googled it and I get a sense it is a new problem which is affecting a few people but so far not enough for anyone to be able to help or take it seriously so I thought I?d try here

"By ?not right? I mean volume seems about 50% of what it should be. Vocals have retreated to the background. A general light smear of muffle over the whole sound "

my iphone has been doing EXACTLY this fairly recently but I discovered it during voice calls not when playing music (altho I expect same thing will occur if I do). Does that happen to you during calls as well? the muffled volume thing like they are really really far away?

Really bloody annoying as at first I thought it was due to the other caller on a bad line. But its not that..sorry, not helpful as I have no idea how to fix it.

Found it.

Eq was off

Sound limit was off too

But what's this? "sound check". A feature which is meant to prevent sounds from being too jarring from others.

Never seen it before so obviously a recent ios addition. Turned off and I'm hearing what I should be hearing

Foxy came closest. But cheers all