Women Who Eat on the Tube Facebook group

numbers

The person who started it up clearly has 'ishoos' of his own, no?

Link to one of many articles about it.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/07/women-who-eat-on-tubes-photos-women-eating-social-media

Loathe to draw any more attention to it but its everywhere now, would like to hear what edf-ers think.

This from their tumblr

"Everywhere I go I see women eating on tubes. Like little mice hiding packets of crisps and biscuits in their bags and purses. Slowly, secretly, guiltily raising each bite-sized morsel to their salty lips in the hope that no one?s watching. Well, I?m watching. And I?m photographing, documenting the fascinating world of the Women Who Eat on Tubes."

creepy and disturbing IMO.

whoa sorry I think we are talking about different things here, I wasn't clear in my original post. I am not complaining about an article in the Guardian or wherever, its the open Facebook group that the person has set up specifically to point and shame at women whilst they happen to be eating on public transport.

The comments are along the lines of 'forbidden fruit' 'little pigs' 'guilt' 'shame' and this gem... 'and no matter how hard she tried she just couldn?t stop jamming those party wafers in her mouth'. It is all about how shameful it is that these women are eating, not just on public transport but women....eating.

Its not the same as complaining about e.g. antisocial aspect of eating on public transport/playing loud music/applying make-up/sitting with your legs stretched across two seats. The contempt shows through and it disgusts me. Not to mention the fact that those photos have been taken and posted online without the knowledge or consent of the people photographed as well as the sinister school boy commentary. Sickening. It would be just as bad if someone had set up a facebook group to point and ridicule men eating on public transport.

The women who eat etc. seems to have as many women as male posters and the 'tubecrush' site seems to be mainly about photographing fit young men or 'hotties' (their word) and lusting after their thighs/abs etc rather than complaining about the room they take up ("Bored? Fancy looking at some of our sexy guys to cheer you up? Check out our pictures").

I think a re-jig to "People Who Eat on Tubes" would be more democratic and we could laugh at (and deride) everyone then.("Fat b*st*rd eats pork pie on bus!" "Gerrrtcha fat boy!")

Although the newly formed "Women Who Eat Wherever The F*ck They Want" FB page is growing by the minute and a 'lunch-event' is being planned.....

Which group in particular, RPC? The one that pictures women eating, men sitting with their legs "too far apart" or the one where women and gay men post pictures of men they find sexually attractive?

Loz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Which group in particular, RPC? The one that

> pictures women eating, men sitting with their legs

> "too far apart" or the one where women and gay men

> post pictures of men they find sexually

> attractive?

I was responding to the OP but all of them really. I admit I find the constant dripfeed of trivial self-publicity by social media pretty boring anyway, but the women-eating-on-tube thing is barely veiled voyeurism with an underlying sadism towards women, tarted up as art-wnak.

The message is 'my passing opinion about you is more important than you'. Which is fine, I guess, if you're just chatting with your mates and the object doesn't get to hear about it, but in my view it's not OK to publish it without their agreement. If you happened to pick on someone who was feeling less than great it could do much more damage than you realise, and in my view the fact you had some arty intention doesn't absolve you of all responsibility for that. I'm sure there'll be people who disagree with me but that's how I see it right now.

maxxi Wrote:

> Although the newly formed "Women Who Eat Wherever

> The F*ck They Want" FB page is growing by the

> minute and a 'lunch-event' is being planned.....

xxxxxxx

YAY!!!

maxxi Wrote:

> Although the newly formed "Women Who Eat Wherever

> The F*ck They Want" FB page is growing by the

> minute and a 'lunch-event' is being planned.....

I look forward to having to put up with the waft on public transport of Burger King, KFC, or whatever their preferred nose bag is with baited breath. Never mind women who eat wherever the f*ck they want, thoughtless gits who eat on public transport with no thought for others are no better than those clowns who urinate in public after a heavy night out. Why, just why?

Parkdrive Wrote:

> I look forward to having to put up with the waft

> on public transport of Burger King, KFC, or

> whatever their preferred nose bag is with baited

> breath.

I think sushi has been mooted as the Choix du Jour.

Now if only smoking were once again allowed on the tube the women could finish off with a nice cigar.

interesting blog post circulating on twitter, got to say I concur with the comments.

http://elliemaeohagan.tumblr.com/post/82275278284/women-who-eat-on-the-tube

nigello will listen out for it on radio, ta.

saturn you'd be forgiven for thinking that, of course men eat on the tube too but the creator decided to pick on women for specious reasons citing it as 'art'.