Trying to buy East Dulwich is near impossible!

Mason

Been trying to buy east Dulwich from Southwark council for ages, but for so long have been unsuccessful. I thought this was a Manor that will not only be a good investment for the future, but as a place to find land to build my country house.

Southwark unfortunately keeps on halting my plans, and by restricting me to park in so many locations on my envisaged high street, restricts trade, and have really have not helped my future neighbours with the lack of accessible residential parking. I want to encourage trade amongst the local traders by providing at least a 30 minute parking allowance on the high street so one can pick up their essentials, and for all to have an actual residential parking zone, free for those that pay the local taxes that everyone works hard to pay, outside their own homes.

Having said that, I do believe the loss of the Police station is a real shame, and some more suitable means to be in touch with the community should be found, and is required. Only last week I was called upon by someone who asked me for a cigarette while walking down my street, and when I said I did not have any, he became very verbal.

The other change I would conceive is the Goose Green roundabout. It is the most dangerous and hazardous zones for both pedestrians and vehicles as well. We need to put traffic lights, or keep the roundabout, but do not have the crossings on the actual roundabout.

I then talked to M&S about setting up an outlet here, but they just seem to be really meandering on what to do as everyone keeps on complaining about the effect of their lorries on the surrounding roads., but then Iceland do not want to get out of the area as it is quite profitable.

Now to the nitty gritty, I love East Dulwich, and feel that we have plenty of properties for sale that the Government can get their tax on, but too many people are highly pricing to keep up with the hype, yet I see many good properties on the market at rates that are comparable to the average market value. People should realise if you want to live in London, and that means anywhere in London, the prices are going to be exorbitant to what one may consider affordable.

East Dulwich for all it is just that, East Dulwich, not Picaddilly, and I hope does not turn into a Clapham. I just hope it retains the charm and not lose the community that made it East Dulwich.

People often mention Clapham in comparison to east Dulwich.

I only ever travel across Clapham Common on the 37 bus when on route to Richmond.

I often wonder where this gentrified part of Clapham is. Would it be by Clapham South Station. ?

My Ex came from around that end of Clapham but have not been there for 30 years or so.

DulwichFox