Keefs Band

Wimpole

As the Lounge appears to be degenerating into discussions on female bum size and dick size...can I change tack.

I randomly ended up in the Plough last night (Sat) and saw Keef's band Bare Groove. I have never met or spoken to Keef before but they totally....rocked....Man.

I havent ever seen 50 people jumping up and down /dancing/ going crazy in an East Dulwich pub for...well ever. Splendid stuff. Tight. Lots of fit women dancing. A real Les Paul. And a brass section too.

Keef, I'm more of a strat man myself. But I well and truely tip my hat to you sir.

*Blushes*

Why thanks very much Wimpole, it's a pretty new venture, and it's really nice to hear some feedback like that!

Macroban, as I say the band is pretty new, but one of our main priorities is to get some demo tracks, and a live video clip (of better quality than my camcorder) done for our website, so I shall let you know when they're there.

Thanks to all the forum people that came the other night, we as a band really really enjoyed it, and the atmosphere was great!

Good thread Wimpole, nice to have something worth talking about in the lounge...

David, don't worry, you were both charming drunks. Also, excellent dancing!

Oh and I did meet MrBen, but since it was a first meeting I thought it might be unfair to publically mock him the next day.

Keef, I'm thinking of recommending your band to a colleague who's organising a ball for all of the South London and Kent A&E registrars. Quite a scary crowd.

Does that sound like the kind of event you'd do?

Absolutely! You or her can email us via the website, or I can PM you the number of our drummer who deals with the booking side of things. That would be great fun. Unfortunately I doubt We'll be back at The Plough as the volume seemed a bit much for them. We might do another public gig at The Half Moon in Hearne Hill in a couple of months though.

Even though I spent the vast majority of the evening outside the pub on Saturday, it was absolutally great, the band, the birds, the atmosphere. Good to hear the brass section again too.

It's a shame that they probably won't let the whole band play there again, bearing in mind that the pub most likely made a killing behind the bar that night!

Missed Anthony's solo - AGAIN - oops

Hooray for the band Keef, but I understand you were a bit naughty afterwards?

annaj Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh and I did meet MrBen, but since it was a first

> meeting I thought it might be unfair to publically

> mock him the next day.

Oh dear! Was it my dancing to Guns & Roses annaj? Or was I just that drunk?!

I cant remember.

jke Wrote:

> Hooray for the band Keef, but I understand you were a bit naughty afterwards?

Not that night, Mrs Keef and I went for one more pint then went home.

It went fabuloso! A brilliant day! :) One of the best days of my life!!

Hello Sean! Next time I see you I will say "Hi".

It was great that they had only cordoned off half the area in the end as it was more intimate!

Plough done us proud - food and atmosphere was fab! Thanks to all - especially Reuben!

Party back at mine went on until 4am ish! Actually the party ended up in my neighbous house!

• 5 months later...

Bare Groove will be doing a Christmas gig at The Plough on Friday 12th December.

Bare Groove are a 7 piece band with a rocky backline fronted by female and male vocals, and topped off with a horn section.

Come one and all for a boogie to a wide range of music, hopefully there will be something to please everyone, from James Brown, to Andy Williams, to Gossip, to The Killers, and of course a couple of Micheal Jackson classics!

We shall most likely play 3 x 40 minute sets probably kicking the first one off about half 8.

Come and get in the xmas spirit... No promises, but we may even come up with some Slade / Wizard yuletide classics...

Can't wait to hear you guys. As an ex-trumpet player (and attempting to re-learn at the moment), I love the mix of guitar and a brass/horn section. I have a few weddings coming up next year, so may be able to put some recommendations forward.

giggirl Wrote:

> Are you taking requests?

Happy to take them, can't promise you'll hear them though, as we don't have much rehearsal time between now and then to learn new songs...