Birds in boiler flue

Jock

I have recently noticed constant tweeting from my boiler flue so I'm pretty sure some birds have nested in there. I live on the top floor (2 storeys up) so can't easily get to the outside of the flue to check. Has anyone encountered anything similar and have any advice on how/who can help deal with it?

So far I have tried:

The vet who said to try RSPCA

RSPCA who first of all said to get a ladder and wave them away but eventually put me onto Nature England...

Nature England who told me I'd need to get a licence to remove the nest...

I've left messages with a couple of heating engineers to get their advice...but am not getting anywhere very quickly.

I'm worried that they go further into the flue and end up in the boiler and hurt themselves/the boiler and equally that any fumes may affect them or that they may be blocking the flue and therefore fumes not escaping as they should.

Hmmm, I'm not sure about needing a licence to remove the nest as if the flue becomes blocked it may divert fumes back into the room where the boiler is. I suppose that there is also the very slight risk of fire if the nest is very dry but I doubt that would happen. You could try Billy at Hunter Heating Solutions. He may be able to offer a solution. His number is 079862 96453.