Rolf Noooooooooooooo!

steveo

It's always hard to tell where the truth lies in these, but it's worth noting that one of the women at the centre of the case sold her story for big bucks to an Aussie magazine and a TV station last year. I always find that suspicious.

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> He was a cheat-his quick paintings already had the

> outlines faintly on the paper- I was appalled when

> I first noticed this and I'm not surprised at

> these revelations

Indeed. The link between art techniques and sex crimes is well documented.

He admits to having sex with the daughter's friend and even wrote a partial confession to her dad when he realised she'd been scared of him, but said it wasn't when she was 13 - 19, as she says, it was when she was legal and it was consenting.

Horrible to think he's a nonce, but it looks like he was/is.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I struggle to find anything about Rolf horrible. I

> hope these allegations are found to be untrue

> because I have always looked upon him as a great

> charitable person.

>

> Louisa.

Agree.

I vaguely remember watching his TV programmes as a child where he did some amazing paintings, but only began liking him as a presenter when he started doing 'Animal Hospital'. He came across as being so compassionate and caring. Also when presenting the more recent 'Rolf's animal clinic'.

As an animal lover myself, I admired him for his dedication. It was as if it really meant something to him other than just fronting a TV show.

Really hope it's all a mistake but not very likely judging by what has been written in the press.

Hasn't he also been charged with making/possessing indecent images of children? If, along with all the various witnesses for the prosecution, that is true it looks more likely that he is guilty as charged. Don't want to believe it but fear it is the case.

Still praying for Edmonds here!

Very sad about Rolf. It started out as a joke shortly after Saville, that Rolf was being investigated for doing 2 little boys in the 70s.

I was on animal hospital once, but Rolf was ill!

• 1 month later...

How did Rolf and co get away with it? I think Roald Dahl summed it up in Matilda.

?How can she get away with it?? Lavender said to Matilda. ?Surely the children go home and tell their mothers and fathers. I know my father would raise a terrific stink if I told him the Headmistress had grabbed me by the hair and slung me over the playground fence.?

?No he wouldn?t,? Matilda said, ?and I?ll tell you why. He simply wouldn?t believe you.?

?Of course he would.?

?He wouldn?t,? Matilda said. ?And the reason is obvious. Your story would sound too ridiculous to be believed. And that is the Trunchbull?s great secret? Never do anything by halves if you want to get away with it. Be outrageous. Go the whole hog. Make sure everything you do is so completely crazy it?s unbelievable. No parent is going to believe this pigtail story, not in a million years. Mine wouldn?t. They?d call me a liar.?