Glastonbury Festival

Tim Thorogood

If you're looking for a book to read before, during or after the Glastonbury festival, try out my novel "Facing the Music - Life, Loss and Glastonbury", published in June 2014. It's in paperback and on Kindle, Kobo and Nook. It's fiction, but based on my experiences at Glastonbury over many years. You can find it and read a preview on this link: http://bit.ly/1i8Dmyg and/or order it from a local book shop. I hope you enjoy the book! I'm an author living in East Dulwich, so let me know what you think.

First 4-star review on Amazon - "A well written and easy to read story, full of humour and pathos, and great descriptions of the mud and rain. Describes the festival down to a tee and a must for anyone contemplating camping at a festival this year, especially with a pair of teenagers."

Hi uncleglen - 1971 makes you a bit of a pioneer, so respect! I first went to Glasto in 1981. However, my novel's set much more recently than that, in a real, but undefined year - though it's within the last decade and I've put several clues in the story, for those that really want to know! I've tried to depict the festival and its atmosphere as accurately as possible, so that by the end of the novel readers will feel that they've actually been there! I don't know when you last went to Glasto, but I'd hope my book would bring back some good memories...

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm... well to be honest I'm not really interested in the headline acts. Not interested in watching a band play in a field either. Too many people. I'd have preferred it if they'd shown more from the smaller stages. They can be found on iPlayer though. I'll stick to watching bands in small clubs.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is it just me but I found the BBC's coverage of

> Glastonbury desperately dull this year and all the

> headline acts totally uninspiring. It really does

> suck corporate cock these days.

When Bryan Ferry's the highlight you know it a bad'un

I'm struggling to remember (m)any years when the top-billed haven't copped a load of flak. Also struggling to remember (m)any years where the fields weren't full with an appreciative crowd. So job done again.

Quite enjoyed Metallica myself - total newbie (just about knew one song).

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Nobody dared to criticise Springsteen (even though

> to my ears he's just one degree of separation from

> Bryan Adams).

I came home after being away, to be greeted by some terrible fekkin din emanating from Crystal Palace Park. I thought it was a bad BS cover band, but no it was "THE BOSS" himself and sounding shockingly bad

Mind you, I couldn't give a toss about BS, even if he was in tip top form

I saw Bruce last summer at the Olympic Park, and really enjoyed it. Afterwards I thought maybe I should give his records another go. I've tried, I really have, but with the exception of a few songs, he just leaves me unmoved.

But I'd watch him live again.