Gluten free people let me in on your secret?

Supernanny*

Do yoh mean for eating out or buying in?

In and around dulwich the places i know are The dish and the spoon in nunhead for gf cakes and main meals, soup salad with himemade gluten free bread. Ganapati in peckham is an Indian restaurant and takeaway with plenty of gluten free options, brockleys rock do gluten free fish and chips on a tuesday, Maddies fish bar in New cross do gluten free batter. Im sure theres plenty more too!

SMBS do gluten free pies and sainsbury do gluten free pizza in the freezer where they sell the vegetarian frozen food and I think Holland and Barrett might do some . Lots of Indian food is gluten free so it's worth having a look at the ingredients on the packets . You can buy gluten free pasta in most supermarkets too .

Nicest (sliced) gluten-free bread I have found is either Tesco's own brand seeded gluten-free, or Warburton's ditto (possibly the same bread but I haven't been able to find the Warburton's locally since Sainsbury's stopped stocking it).

So... one week ago someone starts a thread about whether there is a market for a gluten free shop and takeaway meals.

And now 7 days later someone starts a thread asking if there's a shop that sell gluten free food and takeaway meals?

What an amazing coincidence. Startling even. ;-)

Gluten free bread near choked me to death, it's weird crumb texture conspires against the eater and tries to kill you

Mind you it made me give up on trying to replace like for not-quite-like. I still eat the odd bit of really good brickhouse bread maybe once a week, and yeah I'M STILL ALIVE

If you actually read the ingredients list on the GF shoite you'd be less inclined to eat it. One key ingredient is guar gum, and that stuff is just plain nasty

Can we have a free from Gluten free thread or even a pro Gluten one?

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Gluten free bread near choked me to death, it's

> weird crumb texture conspires against the eater

> and tries to kill you

>

xxxxxxx

Well - some gluten-free bread is indeed absolutely vile with a weird texture and sometimes also a weird taste. Like the muck Sainsbury's now sell since they stopped selling yummy Warburton's gluten-free :(

But some is fine (see my post above). Tesco's own brand seeded gluten-free bread is not much different from ordinary bread in texture and taste. In my opinion.

Or you could try making your own in a breadmaker, and experiment with type of flour and method. Some now have programs for gluten-free bread.

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So... one week ago someone starts a thread about

> whether there is a market for a gluten free shop

> and takeaway meals.

>

> And now 7 days later someone starts a thread

> asking if there's a shop that sell gluten free

> food and takeaway meals?

>

> What an amazing coincidence. Startling even. ;-)

Your point is...?

I never thought to search for previous posts..but thanks for the tip and all :)