t

Ratpack

Because chasing criminals is cost-free is it Ratpack?

If anyone is interested, click on Ratpack's profile and have a look at his previous posts - the unluckiest driver in Southwark? Or an idiot? You decide...

He complains about other people who don't drive around London all the time just don't understand and YET his first post was to complain about air-traffic noise pollution. Irony not a strong point. The volume of car traffic in London doesn't cause any noise does it?

Ratpack it's you that's causing the traffic jams for other drivers. it's you that gets in the way of my bus. Do yourself and everyone else a favour - buy a highway code and grow up

I got my first clamp EVER in twenty odd years of driving in London, yesterday. Parked in Peckham Pulse car park which was full of people popping to shops in Peckham rather than Pulse - OK not in designated white box parking space, but certainly not obstructing anyone. 85 quid lighter, most expensive swimming trip ever. The geezers actually apologised for clamping me and we had a conversation about people not using the Leisure centre but parking there anyway, apparently if witnessed, people can be clamped for not going to leisure centre. In my time waiting to be unclamped I certainly witnessed a lot of that.

Haven't really got a point other than it was an unfair bit of clamping but within their rights nevertheless. AAAgh, the chap suggested I try to appeal but as there are signs suggesting one doesn't park in non-designated spaces, albeit obscured by tree foliage, I prob have no recourse. FARCKED OFF.

SO - in re. getting in the way, blocking the roads etc etc, I most certainly was NOT, yet still had to pay ?85.

When people are THAT "farcked off" I'm reluctant to plough on .. but as we are on the subject

It SOUNDS like (and correct me if I'm wrong) that parking at Pulse for non-Pulse users is not permitted and this is "known" but largely and often ignored and shoppers often use it - is that about it? Obstructing anyone in this case is neither here nor there. You could park in my off-road allocated space and not be obstructing anyone but that's hardly the point is it? (naturally if you ask me nicely you are more than welcome to use it...)

I still don't understand the problem..

Car use is growing exponentially - whatever problems you encounter with over zealous councils, private property owners, whatever - is going to get MUCH worse. Because space is limited and car volumes are growing - it's a simple equation.

Why is everyone so resistant to adapting to this fact? The fecking fuel that we all need is running out and that;s going to get more expensive too.. All this aggravation.. If parking spaces are that limited... deal with it. Don't try and cheat - it only makes those who can enforce the rules become more resiliant. It only leads to higher blood pressure.

If there were no parking fines for those spots - they would have already been taken..

I WAS using the Pulse, unlike the other tossers filling up the spaces.

AND - Fanybody'sI, I hardly ever use my fecking car, being a bike rider and public transport user and a feckin Ocado delivery getter and Abel and cole getter and an avid recycler and composter. BUT to get me and my 3 yr old to Peckham for a quick swim the car is the obvious choice.

Because I was in the process of moving house when I got the ticket so it went to my old address, the council passed it on to bailiffs who hiked up the price. They came round clamped my car and told me to pay ?650 or it would be towed.

Ratpack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Because I was in the process of moving house when

> I got the ticket so it went to my old address, the

> council passed it on to bailiffs who hiked up the

> price. They came round clamped my car and told me

> to pay ?650 or it would be towed.

I thought you made a statutary declaration about that issue - WHat happened ?

monica Wrote:

> Top tip for users of peckham shops, but not the

> pulse but want to park at the pulse, park across

> the road instead by lidl,burger king poundland,

> much better more choice of space and its free

Yes but it is only free for 1hr30minutes.

Asset Wrote:

> I WAS using the Pulse, unlike the other tossers

> filling up the spaces.

>

Hi Asset and All

There was a problem with the parking in the pulse whereby people would just abandon their cars for the day in non designated parking spaces, disabled bays or on the pathway leading from the carpark to the Pulse entrance.

This was causing problems for disabled drivers and pedestrians and as such Southwark Council, in agrement with the Pulse, has now started enforcing using clamps to stop misuse of these areas.

This is to enable pedestrians to flow freely around the footpaths without the fear that they had previously of being run over by people driving and parking in areas that they shouldn't be. It also means that only genuine disabled users can use the disabled bays.

It does mean, however, that some drivers feel that they have been caught in a money-making scheme, when they park outside of designated bays, which is unfortunate as the car park is heavily used by patrons of the pulse and it makes it harder to park there when there are so few spaces, but ultimately it is for the good of pedestrians, disabled drivers and genuine users of the pulse that the council installed these measures.

As far as the Peckham Town Centre Management Group has been able to assertain, this has made a dramatic and welcomed difference to the parking problem that existed this time last year.

I have to disagree with you on your point, as Peckham Pulse used to emply two parking attendants that would direct drivers to the various pathways and other non designated spots and disabled bays. I used to think it was very odd but would follow there instructions and park where they said. So it was not down to people just abandoning there cars wherever, this actually was being dicatated by the Pulse themselves.

At some point late last year the policy changed and a few signs were put up saying designated parking only. Also the parking attendants were no more. I was personally caught out the day of the change where i was unaware of the changes and as such didn't notice or look for any signs (why would i as i have been parking there in undesignated bays for months), i took my son to a soft play session and was back within 40 mins to find i'd been clamped.

I would not have a problem with this if there had been some notification prior to the change. As such i have not used the Pulse nearly as much as I would have.

And the signs are not particulary obvious, obscured by tree foliage etc. I hadn't been to the pulse for a couple of years until the other day and remembered being able to park previously in non-delineated areas.

I wouldnt even drive my car through Peckham, let alone park in the bloody stinking s*ithole of a place. Everytime i've parked down there i've been given bogus tickets by dubious parking attendants who seem to have a set of rules which are totally oblivious to the ones layed out by the council. These wardens are never disciplined obviously because I see them still to this day handing out tickets to people when they obviously have no right or justification to do so. No only has Peckham lost a decent shopping centre, but it now has a collection of crooks working as wardens.

Louisa.

Why dont all the greenies just keep to the public transport system and leave the rest of us to drive around in our comfy cars at our own convenience. We can be clobbered by road tax, car insurance, congestion charging and dodgy parking tickets, whilst they can be left dying of heat exhaustion, cramped up like a sardine and paying an awfully large sum of cash for the pleasure, everyones a winner then!

Louisa.

And why would I want to waste my money on an Oyster card and risk being hijacked by some extremist or another on a London bus, or mugged of my belongings, or left gasping for air and somewhere to sit down on the tube, or delayed waiting for a train at a cramped Victoria train station. Hmmm I wonder if I should get an Oyster card.

Louisa.

Louisa is on FINE form today! Absolutely no point arguing with her when she's like this so I won't

@Seannmlow

Is that the kind of attitude you take with pilots? Or do you expect them, to you know, NOT kill anyone. When they land safely do you go up to them and say "oooh look at you MISTER perfect aren't we???"

People can take whatever mode of transport they wish - but when they start BLEATING about it.. jesus

Louisa Wrote:

> And why would I want to waste my money on an

> Oyster card and risk being hijacked by some

> extremist or another on a London bus, or mugged of

> my belongings, or left gasping for air and

> somewhere to sit down on the tube, or delayed

> waiting for a train at a cramped Victoria train

> station. Hmmm I wonder if I should get an Oyster

> card.

>

> Louisa.

You're right Lolly, I've just cut mine up. What was I thinking?

seanmlow Wrote:

> 'so drive and park within the legal limits'

>

> I wish I could be so perfect and never make a

> mistake! Must be exhausting!

Feel free to make mistakes just don't moan about it when given the punishment.