Travel to Stratford for Prudential London 100?

neilson99

I'm riding the London -Surry 100 with 2 friends in August, and we need to be at the start at 630am (ouch!)

If anyone is also doing the ride and has already worked out how they are getting there, or is thinking of getting a cab or has spare space on a roof rack then please let me know...

PS we're trying to avoid an extra 10 miles riding before we do 100 before some smart @rse suggests it!

The best way I managed last year was to get a taxi (Addison Lee people carrier) to drop you off about a mile north of the blackwall tunnel - that was as far as they could get before road closures prevented further progress, and then put the front wheel on and ride from there.

I'm riding the London 100 too - and had decided just to (wo)man up and ride over there in the morning. I do have a friend who lives in Greenwich but then I figured that I'd rather have a good night's sleep and do the extra 10 miles.

My start time is 0730 but need to be there between 0630 and 0700 roughly. Let me know if you do decide to get a cab since I'd be up for sharing one.

This year my brother has very kindly offered to hire a car and drive me and my bike there (back seat likely to have to go down so, sorry, most likely no room for additionals, otherwise would offer as I know from experience it's a tricky figuring out what to do from here).

That might sound a bit elaborate but I rode over to the start last year and found that quite stressful so it's not for me(though it might just be me and the way I am!) They might have figured it out differently this year but to get into the olympic park coming from this direction last year you had to ride on the path for a while along the same stretch of road that riders were heading out on already on their way and I just didn't enjoy that, or having to navigate myself there whilst riding. And I did not need those extra miles in me either as I don't routinely ride quite that sort of distance. If you want to take advantage of the bag drop then bear that in mind, that would be extra stuff to lug on your bike with you on the way there. That all makes me sound like a bit of a misery guts, I'm sure loads of people suck it up and just do it and they're fine!

Another tip: get as far forward in your starting bunch as you can, especially if you have one of the later start waves. They put another bunch of toilets next to the start pens...:-)

Good luck everyone.