East Dulwich Picturehouse and Caf?

VicCraven

Now that the East Dulwich Picturehouse cinema is a reality, I thought I would start up a thread specifically for it so that we can all keep up to date with the project.

And today is an exciting start to the building process as the Picturehouse group have commissioned three street artists to create art for the hoarding covering the building whilst the work takes place.

See below for a couple of links to photos of the start of the process. The artists are working all day today so will be fascinating to see what it looks like by the end of the day.

Vic :)

And here are details of how to join the East Dulwich Picturehouse membership scheme.

There is currently an extra incentive as the first 1000 founder members will have their names included in a specially commissioned art installation within the new building.

http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/cinema/East_Dulwich_Picturehouse/

Click on the 'Become a Founder Member' box to be taken to the page to join.

Just walked past the hoardings and saw the artists finishing the first phase of the pictures. I liked the cinematic theme and thought 'Audrey' was a particularly good likeness.

Personally I enjoy street art even if it isn't to my taste - something about reminding me that I live in a city I think.

Can't we try to stay positive for once? It's so depressing to follow a thread I am excited about to find it once again (and this time, so quickly), reduced to negative barbs. Everyone is entitled to their say, but gee whizz people, it takes so much more energy to be negative. Smile, breathe, look on the bright side. Life is so much more fun over here.

yes some peeps seem to take pleasure in being so snippy. I rather liked the hoardings - better than general flyposting and random graffiti

Does that mean I'm a poltroon? don't know what it is but quite like the sound of it?

Jeremy - Hi! Yes, there are a couple of other threads that talk about the cinema, but they were back when it was speculation and rumour. I thought I would start a new thread now that it's a reality. Especially as the other threads are now focusing more on discussion of cinemas in other locations.

All - Just to be clear, I have nothing to do with the cinema itself. I'm just a punter who has been a regular attendee to Picturehouse cinemas for the last 15 years or so and am simply incredibly excited that I am soon to have one just around the corner from my house!