Most ridiculous house asking prices ... examples

Mick Mac

I'd love that house, not THAT actual house as it is now, but before they f*cked it up and stripped the soul out of it

I'm good with renovations and all that, but how the hell can you get so little love into such a space, is beyond me

I know taste is subjective and all that, but this place has all the hallmarks of cashwank interior design that I loathe

Is it still for sale ?

*shakes piggy bank, sighs*

Plenty of ridiculous prices in Dulwich and horrible houses. Our 2 bed private rented ex local authority flat has just been revalued at ?65,000 more than it was only 7/8 months ago. Worlds gone crazy! My mum and dads 8 bed house in Dorset has risen by only ?100,000 in 9 years with extensive renovations. Shame you can't just pick it up and crane it to Dulwich. We'd be stinking rich and have the only purbeck stone built house in Dulwich.

There are signs of a slowdown in London though. Latest figures say that prices are rising in just 12% of boroughs, compared to 86% in February. And in central London and more affluent postcodes, like W and SW, prices are begining to fall. Who knows if that's a temporary blip or not. The pound has increased in value recently, which makes prices more expensive for foreign investors, and that might explain what is going on in central London postcodes, but the heat has also gone out of the sealed bids market too. Perhaps with forewarnings of interest rates rises to come (as indeed they have to) buyers are being more cautious?