Ash kebabs takeaway opening 11th august 102 forest hill rd se220rs

brassco3866

What a lovely welcome to a new business opening up in the area from the forum *rolls eyes in a not surprised face*

I have seen the people opening up here spend ages doing up the old fish and chip shop this is replacing over the past few months as I passed going to and from work. They have obvs spent a lot of time and money on it & it certainly doesn't look like your run of the mill kebab shop, quite smart in fact, love the sign.

I very rarely eat kebabs, but I am sure they will have other things on offer, and I wish them well & every success and welcome them to forest hill rd rather then leave a sarky comment aimed at them like some, (who may not have even seen the shop)

Good luck to anyone opening a new venture

Tell us your story Ash. How did you get inspired to open a Kebab shop. My friend is soon to open a Mangal, he was until recently a Head Chef at a very established British restaurant (yes, that one) in Spitalfields. But his love of the Mangal and all that surrounds it, has made him make a bold move

What will make your place special & will you be serving the regular "doner' style. The one that goes endlessly round and round?

I very rarely eat kebabs myself but quite a few people do, especially after the pubs have shut. So, putting your prejudice aside for one moment if it was an artisan bakery or a new sushi restaurant opening up on that strip of road you'd probably be wetting yourselves with glee and wishing them good luck in anticipation of gorging yourselves in East Dulwich's lastest swanky eatery. Bunch of fecking snobs.

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My friend is soon to open a Mangal, he was until recently a Head Chef at a

> very established British restaurant (yes, that one) in Spitalfields

Giraffe?

Anyway, good luck to Ash kebabs. I haven't eaten a doner since the 90s, but love a shish kebab or a falafel-in-pitta jobbie, smothered in garlic sauce.

Oh dear, misplaced G-o-T humour just about the name really - "A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth..." Ash Kebab? So many high feckin horses around here it's hard to see the wood for the molehill.

No Jez

SJB&W

I do like Kebas, I really like Souvlaki. I like the real bread that puffs up and homemade thick sheep milk yoghurt dressing. Fresh crispy salad. Proper stuff cooked over charcoal

I'm willing to pay decent money, on a regular basis for that kind. BUT gas turned minced lamb loaf type generic bad-holiday "doner" just kills my soul. Synthetic kebab cash & carry "garlic/chilli sauce Boss?" kills my body even further. Add to that Paper hygiene hats and it's all over for me

There's a place in Soho, 158 Bateman Street. It does the real Greek ones, right down to the bread. It's a near religious experience eating one of those, even the paper they wrap it in makes me weep as I tear it down and around

Is this snobbery? I don't think so

*wipes a tear*

brassco3866 Wrote:

> Ash kebabs takeaway opening 11th august 102 forest

> hill rd se220rs

>

> Good quality

> Fresh food

> Cooked with love

Good luck my friend, kebabs cooked properly using the right kind od ingredients are a joy. Take no notice of some of the ill informed comments on here, they make similar comments on every thread.

Nobody in their right mind would enjoy that rotating compacted blob of reformed filth, but I feel the need to defend the garlic sauce... even if it comes from a plastic barrel and is offered to the customer along with the title of "chief" or "boss".

Good Luck Ash Kebabs, You've done really well to open a new business in the area. I saw you standing outside a few days ago so I can put a face to all your hard work.

Any new business needs local support whether it be actual or verbal...it really doesn't take much does it to just say "Good Luck with your new business"???

I agree with spark67 and Jah Lush ....

I also remember the kebab shop from many many years ago, so good luck, all the best & welcome.

I still missed the shawarma en route home from Tooting Broadway, many years back. The other doner thing, whatever it is, should be avoided (unless you've got to the point where you can't see your own hand in front of your face).

My only probably is there isn't much to 'come back' from past Ash at the moment - not while The Rose still flails around with limbo dancing competitions, ceilidh nights, jam tart tuesdays etc etc.

There is a kebab shop on Dartmouth Road called Sevens, and it looks like most kebab shops look, and would be dismissed by some along with all the rest.

However, take the time to go in and you'll discover that he makes his own doner, which tastes nothing like the usual stuff, and his own garlic sauce (which is awesome), and his own chili sauce (which is evil and should be used VERY sparingly).

He also does less common things like halloumi kebabs, which my veggie wife loves.

My point is that it's easy to dismiss a kebab shop, but find a good one where the food is prepared with passion, and you're on to a great thing.

Best of luck Ash, I reckon you'll do well. I don't think I'm the only person that would much rather a good kebab shop than a good fish & chip shop.

Surely if you post about your business in the Lounge you haven't bothered to check out the forum and anything sarcastic that comes your way is just the way of the Lounge and down to your lack of research (which wouldn't require much). Good luck anyway as we all need to make a crust. I've never had a kebab though as i've been vegetarian since long before I even heard of them.

Otta Wrote:

> My point is that it's easy to dismiss a kebab

> shop, but find a good one where the food is

> prepared with passion, and you're on to a great

> thing.

Otta's gone all foodie on us! Tell us, are his ingredients locally sourced?

Alan Medic Wrote:

> Surely if you post about your business in the

> Lounge you haven't bothered to check out the forum

> and anything sarcastic that comes your way is just

> the way of the Lounge and down to your lack of

> research (which wouldn't require much). Good luck

> anyway as we all need to make a crust. I've never

> had a kebab though as i've been vegetarian since

> long before I even heard of them.

Also posted in the business section.... http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1370985