Would welcome your thoughts and debate on this

Xeres

At the end if the day we all use this forum for free so we don't really have a right to demand anything.

I agree that multiple posts in the For Sale section ahoukd be removed.

If you had other posts from general conversations removed I think that's harsh.

And as I've said on the other thread, I think it's harsh to remove posts because you've put FS in the title (unless I've misunderstood something about that).

But again, the owner of the site and their chosen mods run the place as they see fit and we can either use it or not.

Agreed, its not our site and we do not have a right to demand anything. But a forum is about the interactions between people and the community it brings about - without that, it is not a forum. My entire history has been deleted. I just find this action taken in respect of me to be completely personal, counter-intuitive, alienating and unnecessary for something so trivial that could have been easily explained away with a private PM and warning, with just those posts causing issue being deleted. I would be unhappy about it, but it would have been proportionate at least.

It's worth noting that my previous history was without contention. In all the forums I am actively involved in as well as this one, never have I had complaints or action taken against me.

You've not miss-understood about the FS amendments, thats exactly what has happened. I have referenced a ton of posts in the FS section which do this, none of whom have been told to 'stop it'.

Just to clarify, there were no duplicated posts. Just a bump of posts that were still live from a month ago by using a reply comment. I'm aware this could be viewed as spamming if done repeatedly and frequently - this was done following a 3-4 weeks absence of comment on those ads. I appreciate opinion may differ on this point though.

Thanks for your thoughts.

• Administrator

Really, why start another post about it? I deleted your posts and most i.e. 309 of them, were for sale posts and over 2 months old. There was also two recommendation requests and a recommendation from Jan 2013.

You bumped your posts up with up with the reply comment of "to the top", there is a rule that says:

"Do not continually post messages to get your item for sale back to the top of the list ... Excessive "still for sale" posters will have all their messages deleted without warning."

You bumped your messages "to the top" excessively, therefore you had all your messages deleted without warning.

Why can't you just abide by the rules, like most people do and accept that it's up to Admin how the site runs? It's not as if any of the rules are unreasonable.

As you have been repeatedly told, it's not a "for profit" site and Admin doesn't have time to forensically deal with every single element of your posting history.

It's not like you've lost anything of value, if any of your posts are worth keeping then I suggest you keep copies in future, otherwise, just get over it and move on.