Where to take a dog for a swim?!

SebsC

Its not great for dog swimming locally! So I take my dog to Danson Park (Bexleyheath) where there is an amazing lake for swimming (and a pub for drying out after before getting back in the car). We go to the dog swimming pond at Richmond park (make sure you get the right pond as dogs aren't allowed in the others) and wimbledon common (take the train there and walk up through the village)there are two lakes and only one is good for dog swimming but I can't remember the name of it- the other pond is full of yuk and you wouldn't want Fido in there. Foots cray meadows has a river where dogs can get a paddle in a few spots but watch out for the nature reserve area as dogs aren't allowed in the water at that particular spot. Lastly a fellow dog walker has mentioned that Morden Hall Park has water and its good for a paddle on a hot day- I haven't tried this yet.

Enjoy!!

• 4 years later...
Is not allowed for dogs . The lake is re open today ;) . There is a little streams kn Dulwich park where the tennis courts are . I saw dogs have a dip there ...if not like someone else advised a paddling pool ! So mo wild life disturbed . ;)