General rant - uncaring and inefficient Southwark Council

willish

I need to get this off my chest. I realise this may seem like a trivial subject matter, and indeed I'm aware that Southwark Council have life and death matters to attend to, but my frustration has grown at my difficulty in getting any answer to a simple query. I asked for a tree to be pruned back in May as it was blocking our satellite signal and was told it would be done in June or July. It's now mid September and not only has it not been pruned, but despite multiple attempts to get answers from the council, they have failed to even get back to me. I understand there may be a legitimate reason for the delay in tree pruning - but I deserve to be told about it. I've even escalated it to the head of the council who is in my ward and still nothing. The council obviously has severe communication issues - to ignore a tax-paying resident with a legitimate query for so long is not just customer service at its worst, it's also rude, uncaring and disrespectful.

Phew. Rant over.

I can totally sympathise with you, after spending the best part of a year trying to get Southwark to take down a raised flower bed that was causing damp to my property (which is a problem for them too as a freeholder.)

Best advice would be to try and speak to different people until you hit someone who is actually competent and happy to help you (which is what finally happened with me.)