Seeking participants for 45-min computer study for my PhD! (in East Dulwich)

robinho

Hello, I am an East Dulwich resident, clinical psychologist, and 3rd year PhD student in Developmental Psychology at Durham University. I'm currently looking for 60 adult participants (18 and over) for one of my studies, which is a (mildly!) interesting computer-based attention task. It takes about 45 minutes on a laptop that I provide, and I can meet you anywhere to do this - at your home, at my home, at a local cafe...anywhere that has wireless internet.

In the task, which is very non-traumatic, you will be asked to identify the location of vertical lines displayed briefly on the screen over a series of 8 trials. You will then watch 12 short clips of mothers and infants playing together and write something about the interactions. Finally, you will write a description of a close friend and your current romantic partner (if applicable).

My PhD research is looking broadly at mother-infant interaction and improving interventions for mothers with mental health difficulties, and this piece of work will be adding to our understanding in this area.

I've gotten full ethical approval for the project from my university, which I'd be happy to discuss with you further.

Please contact me via the ED Forum if you would like to participate or would like more information. I am recruiting through at least December 2014.