Redundancy

jacks09

Thanks all. I've only been there 7 months. I got a car (gutted to give it up). I've also had two share awards which none have vested.....missing out on nearly 600 shares which would have vested over 5 years. Got healthcare an dental also.

I've been offered four weeks severance on top of four weeks notice which I am aware is more than statutory....going through treatment on a back issue so am just keen to ensure my treatment will be honoured. My consultant may operate in the next few weeks. Also keen not to lose ALL my shares

Your health cover will last until the end of your notice period, so if you've just started consultation you should be ok for another three months at least. You should be able to use the consultation period to ask these kind of questions (if there is no union, has an employee rep been appointed, or if not you can ask yourself). From memory, consultation is 'about' 30 days and can end sooner if all questions are answered or later if there are more questions. Depending on the scale of change the company is making, there may also be a couple of weeks after consultation of group/individual meetings, mapping, looking for alternatives suggested by those who are at risk etc.